Testing and Assessment Manager
Become part of a team responsible for the creation of innovative new courses for teens and young learners and enjoy the opportunity to participate in all stages of the development and production process from shaping the concept and creating materials, through to final implementation across all E1 regions.
The Testing and Assessment Manager is responsible for defining the strategy for providing assessment to be used by EF Kids & Teens centers. The Testing and Assessment Manager will realise this strategy by managing assessment developers and item writers and developing and evaluating department assessment-based activities.
- Work with the Product Development Director and Publishing Director to refine the process for creating assessment materials using EF Labs for Kids and Teens resources.
- Maintain quality within the assessment team by defining and ensuring clear standards for assessment creation and evaluation; identifying, analyzing and resolving issues with assessment creation; recommending and implementing process improvements.
- Implement the assessment strategy for online course offerings. This includes, but is not limited to, achievement/progress tests, diagnostic tests and placement tests for these courses.
- Provide training and support for content writers and item writers who are producing assessment and learning content for online and offline products.
- Take responsibility for creating top-quality assessment materials, task items and training content for
- EF Kids and Teens.
- Cultivate assessment team and provide opportunities for professional growth within that team.
- Develop, maintain and share broad and up-to-date professional knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; identifying and participating in events, conferences and societies related to assessment and English language learning.
- Contribute to setting and achievement of strategic goals in assessment, as it relates to operations, course content development and business development.
- Evaluate and advance existing assessment and testing across products.
- Mastery of English (CEFR C2 level)
- Educated to degree level
- Diploma-level ELT qualification (e.g. Cambridge DELTA, Trinity DipTESOL) or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, Linguistics or similar
- 3+ years’ experience in in ELT test development
- Clear focus on and expertise in the field of assessment for children
- Experience managing writers and editors is desirable
- Outstanding familiarity with standard references for the development of syllabuses, for example,the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and other Council of Europe publications.
- Experience in instructional design an advantage
- Creativity, enthusiasm, energy and team spirit
- Strong computer skills and the ability to work well in a technological environment
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Evidence of leadership, innovative curriculum design, and materials development
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of clarity in written English
EF English First specifically provides young children and teenagers with a faster way to learn English through our advanced learning systems combining face-to-face and online learning. We not only teach students how to communicate in English but we also give them the confidence and skills they need for a successful life. EF Labs for Kids and Teens is responsible for developing and implementing new educational products in our network of 250 English First schools located across China, Russia and
EF is an equal opportunities employer and offers a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top