Test Preparation Teacher
EF San Francisco is currently seeking enthusiastic and qualified teachers of standardized test preparation for international students!
- Plan and deliver lessons to students entering undergraduate and graduate programs in small classes ranging from 10 - 16 students
- Teach ESL and Preparation to non-native English speaking students
- Evaluate student progress and provide ongoing guidance for improvement
- Paperwork associated with teaching duties (Attendance Registers, Lesson Plans, etc.)
- 1-year teaching experience, preferably in EFL or ESL
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL certificate (CELTA or equivalent preferred)
- Experience utilizing communicative and task-based teaching methods
- Experience teaching a variety of test preparation and ESL classes
- Thorough familiarity with the TOEFL/ACT/GRE/GMAT standardized tests
- The ability to work and interact well with individuals in a culturally diverse environment
- A genuine interest in teaching, education, and self-development
- A desire to improve learning outcomes and student experiences
- 3 or more years teaching experience
- A Master’s degree, preferably in TESOL, Linguistics, International Education, etc.
The school is located in San Francisco right across from the Hyde Street Pier and has a student body of approximately 400-800 students. You would have the amazing chance to get to know and work with an incredible population of international students. We have students from over 50 different countries and ranging in age from 17-65. The majority of our students are between the ages of 17-28.
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs.
We are 52,000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 612 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks and Garda Vetting will be conducted prior to confirmation of appointment.
Back to top