Temporary Host Family Recruiter
Host Family Recruiter
International Language Centers
Union, New Jersey
For the past 50 years, EF Education First has been the world’s leader in international education. We offer students from Europe and Asia (aged 13-18) the opportunity to spend two to four weeks in the United States to improve their language skills, live with a local host family, and learn about American culture through fun and immersive activities.
Who You Are
Are you bold, fearless and confident?
Do you enjoy striking up conversation with new people?
Are you an achiever who goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo?
Are you organized, detail oriented, sales driven and operationally minded with a constant drive to improve?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
Host families are at the heart of our program. As a Host Family Recruiter, you play a critical role in driving our host family recruitment efforts to find new host families for our international student travelers who will be arriving during Summer 2018 (June-August). This position is a sales-driven role in which Host Family Recruiters attend various community events such as farmer’s markets, street fairs, parades and festivals to promote and share the Language Travel program with the goal of recruiting new host families to participate. In addition, the Field Recruiter role may be responsible for conducting home visits, tracking recruitment efforts in company database, and other administrative tasks associated with host family recruitment.
Candidate must be local and live within a 1 hour radius of Union, NJ.
• Attend recruiting events such as farmer’s markets, street fairs and grocery stores.
• Contact leads via phone and email using company database.
• Develop partnerships and build networks with local businesses, schools, clubs, and organizations.
• Collect at least 3-4 qualified leads per hour while attending events.
• Schedule home visits with potential host families during and after events.
• Enter leads into company database.
• Find families through personal networks of friends, family, colleagues, neighbors and local organizations.
• Meet and work to exceed weekly and monthly goals and targets.
• Bright, positive, outgoing and approachable personality.
• Go-getter mentality and quick learner.
• An independent problem solver with a positive attitude.
• Sales-driven and results-oriented personality.
• Able to speak openly and easily with anyone and everyone.
• Ability to work in a team environment and take ownership of projects.
• Knowledge of the local area preferred.
• Passionate about education, travel and/or cultural exchange.
• Has driver’s license and able to drive a car.
• Has a valid driver's license and use of personal vehicle for transportation
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you. For more information, visit www.ef.com/careers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top