Teaching Leader - Dublin Junior Residence
Who You Are
Do you have a passion for teaching and learning?
Do you love leading, working with and coaching young people?
Do you want to work amongst international groups of energetic young learners?
Are you passionate about cultural exchange and international education?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
As a Teaching Leader you get the best of both worlds – working with international students both in and out of the classroom. With the support of a professional academic team and tried and trusted materials, you will deliver the EF academic programme to classroom groups of up to 17 language students. Outside of the classroom, you will work with international staff to lead activities, field trips and social events for groups of 30-40 international students. This is a high-energy, non-stop kind of summer job that is as rewarding and fun as it is challenging. Accommodation will be provided at the residence for all Teaching Leaders.
- Teach classes following the EF methodology.
- Lesson planning and preparation before each class.
- Interactive, communicative classroom management of groups of up to 17 students.
- Facilitate and mark tests.
- Daily liaison with colleagues to discuss progress & ongoing lessons.
- Organise, plan and lead a full schedule of activities, games, sports, field trips and excursions.
- Assist with student arrivals and departures.
- Monitor daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork.
- Attend all teacher and leader briefings.
- Deal with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Work effectively within a team to deliver excellence in customer experience.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of students at all times.
- Fluency in English – spoken and written.
- A knowledge of communicative language teaching techniques for young learners.
- Have the ability to create a positive learning environment.
- Comfortable leading activities, social events, sports activities and excursions for groups of 30-40 students.
- Enthusiastic, confident and energetic.
- A natural leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and punctual.
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Able to attend 2-day training prior to contract commencing.
- One of the following MINIMUM qualifications (All certification and online training must be completed before face to face EF training):
A State Teacher Credential (PME, Bed, MA) plus training in EFL/EAL.
Online TEFL (minimum 60 hours) with teaching or related experience.
Online TEFL (minimum 60 hours) blended with a two day practical.
Face-to-face TEFL (eg. CELTA, minimum 100 hours).
Please submit your CV and teacher certification. (If you are still in the process of acquiring your certification, please notify us in a cover letter).
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to a Garda Vetting check and character reference checks.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top