Teacher Welfare Officer
Product: EF English First-Kids & Teens
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: VP of Academic Affairs
EF Kids & Teens Academic Affairs is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Teacher Welfare Officer. This person is committed to ensuring that all teachers have a positive workplace experience during their tenure at EF. This is a management level position reporting directly to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
As a Teacher Welfare Officer, you will serve as an important link between teachers and managers, offering advice and counsel, and helping to resolve a variety of work-related issues. Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to, answering enquiries, providing advice, enforcing EF work-place policies and procedures, and addressing grievances.
As the ideal candidate, you are friendly and approachable, and have the ability to form strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Your good sense of judgement, along with your cultural sensitivity, and commitment to what’s right, is imperative to your success.
What You’ll Do
- Safeguard teachers’ rights
- Provide consultation and advice to teachers on a variety of work-related topics and issues
- Escalate teacher related issues, as needed, to the appropriate person or department
- Investigate complaints and issues involving compliance with EF’s policies and procedures
- Use data and trends to anticipate workplace issues/needs and work proactively to address them
- Monitor and improve teacher KPIs (teacher retention, eNPS, company reviews)
- Organize and host formal and informal teacher events, such as Town Halls, Tea Times, and Brown Bag lunches, to engage with teachers and discuss potential issues or concerns
Your Skills and Attributes
- Positive attitude
- Culturally sensitive
- Highly organized and resourceful
- Sees the big picture
- Not afraid to have hard conversations
- Ability to handle difficult situations, and remain calm under pressure
- People person: approachable, good listener, empathetic, and open minded
- Strong coaching skills and the ability to influence others
- Maintains confidentiality of information
- Experience living and working abroad
- Degree/background in Human Resource Management, Counseling, Organizational Psychology or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of school operations experience, preferably in a management role
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate resolution of work-place conflicts
- Flexible to working hours: ability to travel, and to work occasional evenings and weekends
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world, or earn an academic degree. We have fifteen subsidiaries and non-profit organizations, schools and offices in over 100 countries and employ over 46,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and independent world, our mission is more relevant than ever. Check-out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
Back to top