Who You Are
Do you have a passion for teaching and learning?
Do you want to work amongst international groups of energetic young learners?
If you love to create lively and engaging language lessons and want develop your professional skills in teaching, then this is the role for you.
Work with the support of a professional academic team and tried and trusted materials to deliver the EF academic programme to classroom groups of up to 17 language students. You’ll be planning lessons that create an inspiring safe and supportive classroom environment where building your students’ confidence in using language is your primary concern. Watching the group bond and their language flourish is rewarding for experienced and novice teachers alike, which is what brings so many of our teachers back year on year.
- Teach classes following the EF methodology.
- Lesson planning and preparation before each class.
- Interactive, communicative classroom management of groups of up to 17 students.
- Facilitate and mark tests.
- Daily liaison with colleagues to discuss progress & ongoing lessons.
- Monitor daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork.
- Attend all teacher meetings.
- Deal with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Work effectively within a team to deliver excellence in customer experience.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of students at all times.
- Fluency in English – spoken and written.
- Visa or passport permitting work in the advertised location.
- A knowledge of communicative language teaching techniques for young learners.
- Have the ability to create a positive learning environment.
- Enthusiastic, confident and energetic.
- A natural leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and punctual.
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Able to attend 2-day training/CPD prior to contract commencing.
- One of the following MINIMUM qualifications (All certification and online training must be completed before face to face EF training):
A pass in TELT or an A’ Level in English with grades A, B or C together plus a TEFL Induction Course certificate (approved by the ELT Council),plus a matriculation standard of education.
Please submit your CV and teacher certification. (If you are still in the process of acquiring your certification, please notify us in a cover letter).
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people through character reference checks, and you will be asked to provide a valid EFL Teaching permit before the contract period.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top