Teacher - Boston Junior Residence
Who You Are
Do you have a passion for teaching and learning?
Do you want to work amongst international groups of energetic young learners?
If you love to create lively and engaging language lessons and want to develop your professional skills in language teaching, then this is the role for you.
Work with the support of a professional academic team and tried and trusted materials to deliver the EF academic program to classroom groups of up to 17 language students. You’ll be planning lessons that create an inspiring, safe and supportive classroom environment where building your students’ confidence in using language is your primary concern. Watching the group bond and their language flourish is rewarding for experienced and novice teachers alike, which is what brings so many of our teachers back year on year.
- Teach classes following the EF methodology.
- Lesson planning and preparation before each class.
- Interactive, communicative classroom management of groups of up to 17 students.
- Facilitate and mark tests.
- Daily liaison with colleagues: other teachers, Lead Teacher (where applicable) and Activity Leaders
- Monitor daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork.
- Attend all teacher meetings.
- Deal with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Work effectively within a team to deliver an excellent student experience
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of students at all times.
- Fluency in English – spoken and written.
- Visa or passport permitting work in the advertised location.
- A knowledge of communicative language teaching techniques for young learners.
- Have the ability to create a positive learning environment.
- Enthusiastic, confident and energetic.
- A natural leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and punctual.
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Able to attend EF Teacher Training prior to contact commencing.
- One of the following MINIMUM qualifications (All certification and online training must be completed before face to face EF training):
A State Teacher Credential (PGCE, Bed, MA) plus training in EFL/ ESOL/ELA
Online TEFL (minimum 60 hours) with teaching or related experience.
Online TEFL (minimum 60 hours) blended with a two day practical.
Face-to-face TEFL (eg. CELTA, minimum 100 hours).
Please submit your CV and teacher certification. (If you are still in the process of acquiring your certification, please notify us in a cover letter).
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to a background check and character reference checks.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top