- Valletta, Malta
Are you bold, confident and charismatic? Do you love teaching students from different cultures? Do you thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic and busy environments? Then this might be the job for you!
In terms of mindset, we all have a ‘going above and beyond, never settling for the status quo' mindset. If you think the same and want to be the person who makes a difference for our students, then don’t hesitate, apply!
In this role you will plan, prepare and deliver the EF academic program through structured and interactive lessons and ensure a high level of customer service and student satisfaction. Your key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Lesson planning and preparation before each class;
- Teaching classes every weekday following the EF methodology;
- Classroom Management, including management of student behaviour;
- Facilitating testing during the course, including marking tests and weekly homework;
- Monitoring daily attendance and keeping up to date records and paperwork;
- Attending teacher meetings;
- Getting involved in social and cultural activities such as school parties, dinners and excursions;
- Creating a rapport and one team feeling across all school departments.
Qualifications and Requirements
- English A Level grade C or above, or TELT (Local Exam) or Higher Degree in English
- TEFL 60 hours face-to-face, or CELTA/CertTESOL;
- Enthusiastic, organised and a natural leader;
- Highly responsible, approachable and friendly;
- Ability to create a positive learning environment;
- Familiarity with computers and tablets;
- Complete fluency in English, SEPTT (Spoken English Proficiency Test for Teachers) from Malta ELT Council preferred but not necessary;
- Have the right to live and work in Malta.
What will you take away?
After a summer of working as an EF Teacher, you will enhance your teaching knowledge and experience by working with a team of diverse teachers and Academic management. You will be adaptable and capable of solving various issues without hesitation. Working in an academic environment, you will have seen how students grow in their language, make new friends and create summer memories that last a lifetime. In addition, this would be the perfect job to boost your CV by gaining experience in working in an international and academic company.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced police and character reference checks.
Back to top