Online English Kids Teacher - Malta Center Based*
Imagine a teaching role that allows you to connect with students on the other side of the world, gives you the security of consistent hours per week but doesn’t expect you to plan and prepare hours of teaching material. That’s exactly what you can do as part of the center-based online teaching team with *EF Teach Online Malta.
You'll be part of our centre based online teaching team in St. Julians.
Most of our online teachers live the UK and US. If they are unable to take a class due to illness or technology issues, our teachers in Malta step in.
Dedicated, calm and engaging, the Malta team ensures every student receives the same seamless and high-quality teaching experience.
Who are we looking for?
This role would suit confident and dynamic ESL teachers. You'll need to be flexible and remain calm under pressure. Our young learners are based in China and aged 4-14. It's important you’re comfortable engaging children and can make the virtual classroom come alive. No two lessons will be the same as you’re unlikely to see the same student twice. However, your commitment to providing a great customer service for every student will be unwavering.
Role: This is a part-time job with set weekly shifts. The shift hours range from weekdays from 9am to 3pm and weekends from 2am to 3pm. We expect you to commit to at least 10 hours of work per week. We can guarantee that you will be scheduled for at least one shift per week.
Location: EF’s new Malta teaching center in St. Julians. This is not a work from home position.
- Be available in the EF Malta center during office hours to act as a center-based English teacher.
- When you are required to take over a lesson, you will teach English to kids in China. The classes are one-to-one and last 25 mins. Your students will be aged between 4 and 14 years old.
- At the end of the class, you’ll be required to complete a brief lesson report in English for the parents to review.
- You must be educated to degree level (a bachelor’s degree in any field is required due to Chinese regulations)
- You must have the ELT Permit for Distance Learning (Full or Temporary)
- You must be living and authorized to work in Malta. This is not a work from home position.
- You must be a fully fluent English speaker (C2 level)
- Previous teaching experience is a bonus, but not necessary
- Computer literate – you’ll need to be comfortable teaching solely online
Who is EF Teach Online - Kids and what do we do?
Since 1965, EF has helped millions of people and become the world leader in international education by focusing on one global mission: Opening the World through Education. In 1997, EF was the first to launch an online English school with live teachers available 24/7. With a global network of 600+ schools & offices in 100+ countries, we are committed to putting education first.
Online classes for kids are part of our blended learning model. Our students attend group classes at our English centers in China and then can choose a personalized one-to-one online session each week with skilled teachers just like you. Our online teachers are a huge part of our student’s overall learning journey. They provide individualized attention which allows students to reinforce their skills, gain confidence, and experience a global perspective.
We provide the online classroom environment, plan the lessons, and prepare the materials. The online syllabus is structured around what the student is studying in class and their parent’s preference. As an online teacher with EF you won’t need to spend hours planning or preparing materials. Instead, you can focus your energy and expertise on facilitating the lesson and responding to your student’s individual needs.
You can find all the details at EF Teach Online - Malta.