Teach English Abroad in China
EF English First is currently seeking English teachers to teach at our Online, Kids & Teens or Adult schools. Join our academic team in Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and many other cities across China.
ABOUT THE POSITIONAs an English teacher for EF English First, you will join a community of over 2,400 full-time EF teachers in China. You will be teaching English to classes ranging in size from one-on-one lessons to workshops of up to 25 students. Key activities include planning and delivering lessons using EF's award-winning ESL courseware, evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement. This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to further their career in teaching and meet others passionate about education while experiencing an exciting life abroad.
TEACHER SUPPORT AND RESOURCESOur world-class teacher development program provides the opportunity to enroll in certification courses and training modules, thus enabling a strong grounding necessary for advancing your career in teaching and teaching management. Teachers are also encouraged to participate in company-organized networking and social events, Chinese classes and other community-based activities. Teachers have full access to internet connected computers, Interactive Whiteboards and iPads.
- Plan and deliver lessons to classes ranging from one-on-one lessons to workshops of up to 25 students
- Use electronic media and EF's award-winning ESL courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively
- Evaluate student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement
- A Bachelor's Degree
- A TEFL Certification (EF TEFL sponsorship available)
- Must be able to obtain a clear background check
- The ability to live abroad for at least one year
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTSTo be considered for this role, applicants must be citizens from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa to meet China's visa regulations.
- 12,000 - 13,500 RMB monthly, based on qualifications
- 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance
- Sponsored legal Z work visa
- 10,000 RMB salary advance available
- Health insurance
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free hotel accommodation during your first two weeks at EF English First
- ESL certification programs including Cambridge TKT, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL and Cambridge IDLTM
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Weekly EF sponsored social events
- Teacher advantages discount scheme
- Job rotation scheme
ABOUT EF ENGLISH FIRSTEF English First is the world's leading privately owned education company. Founded in 1965, EF operates in over 50 countries around the world. We have vacancies for teaching positions across China so if you prefer the fast paced city life like Shanghai, or want to be immersed in the more traditional culture of a smaller city, we probably have the position for you. We have both Kids & Teens schools and Adult schools in over 60 Cities in China.
Back to top