Summer Staff - EF London
EF International Language Campuses, London is seeking a temporary summer staff to join our amazing team.
- Supporting permanent school staff to ensure that all EF students have a positive experience in all aspects of their stay
- Full-time, 5 days per week, Mon-Fri or Tue-Sat, 08:30-17:30 / 10:00-19:00
- Working days will vary according to individual agreement
- Staff may be based in different locations in the destination
- Temporary positions starting from June - various start dates and end dates available
- Based on availability, you will be allocated to one of the departments
- Accommodation offered in one of our Student Residences located in Zone 1 available in return for Residence Assistant Duties on a separate contract
- Outgoing & confident personality
- Customer service focused
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Fluency in English language
- Enjoy working in busy & varied environment
- Organised with careful attention to detail
- Creative & energetic with lots of common sense essential
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm under pressure
DUTIES (exact duties will depend on department allocated to, as advised on appointment):
- Assist with registration & induction of new students on arrival
- Accompany new students on familiarisation walks of London
- Assist with all general student enquiries
- Assist with processing of evaluations of new arrivals
- Delivering outstanding Customer Service
- Have a friendly and professional approach
ACTIVITIES – reporting to the Activity Manager
- Help to organise, promote and supervise activities
- Assist putting together weekly programme of events
- Research new activities
- Sell & promote activities and other products in the office/reception
- Help with display of information around the campus
- Prepare student folders for intakes
- Prepare documents & information for weekend excursions
- Help with design & production of promotional literature for activities
- Answer student enquiries
CUSTOMER SUPPORT – reporting to the Customer Support and Welfare Manager
- General administrative & reception duties
- Database entry
- Answer student enquiries
- Answer the telephone
- Distributing daily post
- Processing & conducting student evaluations
HOMESTAY ACCOMMODATION – reporting to the Homestay Manager
- Clerical duties in office such as basic database entry and filing
- Help with student enquiries & take telephone messages
- Prepare recruitment material such as leaflets/posters
- Outside recruitment campaigns such as leafleting in specified areas or door to door, street campaigns etc.
- Visit new host families to check suitability
- Contact homestay providers about student arrival times
ACADEMIC – reporting to the Academic Managers
- Assist with placement testing & class allocation of new students on arrival
- Follow up non-attendance reports
- General checking, filing & database entry of academic documents
- Supervising departure tests
- Printing & collating departure certificates
- Book distribution to teaching staff
This list of possible duties is not comprehensive and all summer temporary staff may be asked to help with other school or residence jobs. Please note that flexibility is required, as you may be moved between departments.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
All posts are subject to an enhanced criminal record check and character referencing.
The position will be based at the EF International Language Campus, 74 Roupell St, Waterloo, London SE1 8SS starting the beginning of February.
Please send applications with an updated CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 March 2019.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Back to top