EF Eastbourne is searching for a passionate and driven individual to join our team as a Residence Manager this summer. In this role you will assume responsibility for our student residences and their smooth operation in the summer. This is the perfect opportunity to grow your career and gain management experience in an international environment.
This role is fixed term with immediate start until September.
Qualifications and competencies
- Outgoing & confident personality
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service and welfare provision within the school
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- Organized and thorough, flexible approach at all times
- Creative & resourceful with lots of common sense as key
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communicator able to handle challenging & sensitive situations
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Working with the school management team to deliver an exceptional experience to our students. A position that sees you having the overall responsibility for a hotel residence and the students/staff who are staying there.
Support a team of international leaders to ensure our students have a Home Away from Home experience. You will take care of room allocation, supervise a team of leaders and ensure the hotel staff work in harmony with your team. You will liaise with hotel owners and staff on anything from cleaning to theme events and safety.
- Assists with enrolment of new students and maintenance of database records, ensuring that all details checked carefully and changes made.
- Deals with enquiries from sales offices & other incoming calls & enquiries in regards to residence bookings
- Is available to speak to students with welfare concerns and provide assistance where necessary
- Assists with the organization of weekly new students, ensuring correct intake information/handouts are prepared
- Ensures suitable residence placement for students according to EF and accreditation requirements
- Ensuring quality of residence accommodation and community feel by organizing trainings for residence advisors and organising a summer on-call rotation for them
- Ensures that junior lunches are organised at weekends and negotiates dinners for junior students in local restaurants
- Daily stats review of placements
- Deals with student queries regarding accommodation & welfare issues
- Monitors student evaluation of accommodation and responds to comments & complaints as required.
- Answers sales office enquiries regarding accommodation issues.
- Shares emergency on call duties with other school staff.
- Is a trained First Aider & Fire Marshall
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.