Summer Junior Residence Coordinator
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic, mature and responsible residence advisors for June - August 2017.
A live-in role.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- A flexible approach to work & hours of work undertaken is essential
- Friendly & approachable manner
- Able to remain calm under pressure & to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Excellent communicator both with students, colleagues, and external clients
- Attention to detail, organised & thorough
- Preparing and managing student arrivals and departures in the residence.
- Organizing the monthly activities planner and running 2 activities per week.
- Performing room checks according to Health & Safety criteria, EF regulations and accreditation standards.
- Act as emergency contact and assist in such emergencies after-hours.
- Submitting weekly reports on room checks and student issues.
- working hours include evenings and weekends approx. 40-48 hours per week
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top