Summer Activity Leader - Hastings Homestay or Residence
Are you bold, confident and charismatic….fun-loving with non-stop energy?
Do you love leading, working with and coaching young people?
Are you passionate about cultural exchange and international education?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
Work side-by-side with international staff this summer to lead activities, field trips and social events for groups of 30-40 international students. From organising student parties and sports tournaments, to leading day trips and weekend excursions, this is a high-energy, non-stop kind of summer job that is as rewarding and fun as it is challenging.
- Organise, plan and lead a full schedule of activities, games, sports, field trips and excursions.
- Assist with student arrivals and departures.
- Attend all Activity Leader briefings.
- Liaise with your Activities Manager to monitor daily attendance.
- Collect, log and bank money for optional excursions and activities.
- Deal with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Work effectively within a team to deliver excellence in customer experience.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of students at all times.
- Enthusiastic, confident and energetic.
- A natural leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented and punctual.
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
- Maintains a balance between professionalism and fun.
- Comfortable leading activities, social events, sports activities and excursions for groups of 30-40 students.
- Knowledge of the local area preferred.
- Able to attend 2-day training prior to contract commencing.
- Fluency in English – spoken and written.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS and character reference checks.
Please note homestay roles are only available if you can provide your own accommodation in the advertised location.
Please only apply to one EF International Language Centers - Summer Camps job, based on your preferred role and location/accommodation type.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Back to top