Summer Activity Leader
EF Bristol is seeking highly motivated, professional Summer Activity Leaders. You will provide exceptional customer service for our students aged 12 – 16 years old and assist with the day to day running of the student activity programme. Reporting to the Activity Coordinator, you will work in accordance with EF policy and British Council criteria.
As a customer service oriented person, ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction will be your highest priority, achieved through excellent administration skills, inter-departmental communication and willingness to go the extra mile. You will build strong relationships with the teams in school and ensure the Bristol school is well regarded amongst EF colleagues.
· Working in an international team to deliver the best course possible for our students
· General group management and discipline
· Student welfare and supervision
· Organising and participating in all leisure activities and excursions ensuring that Activity Guidelines and Health and Safety Instructions are followed
· Promote the well-being and satisfaction of all students at the centre
· Assist with arrivals, intakes, departures and large events
· Deal with administrative tasks where required.
· Assist in care taking duties, including moving and unpacking stock
· Preparing student welcome packs
· Attend all staff meetings called by Senior Staff.
· Lunch time duties
· Enthusiastic, confident and energetic.
· A natural leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Highly organised, detail-oriented and punctual.
· Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
· Maintains a balance between professionalism and fun.
· Comfortable leading activities, social events, sports activities and excursions for groups of 30-40 students.
· Knowledge of the local area preferred.
· Able to attend training prior to contract commencing.
· Fluency in English – spoken and written.
Please note this is a summer position which includes weekend working. We are looking to recruit staff from from 2nd July until 10th August. We may be able to offer accommodation in exchange for residence duties in Bristol at our Summer Residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top