Substitute ESL Teachers
EF Oakland Mills College Substitute ESL Teachers
EF Mills is currently seeking enthusiastic and qualified teachers of English as a Second Language to work as on-call substitute teachers.
- An ability to sub on short notice
- Plan and deliver English classes to international students
- Complete paperwork associated with teaching duties (time sheet, occasional lesson plans)
- An ability to teach a variety of classes and levels (ESL, reading, writing, test preparation, etc.)
- Live within 45 minutes travel time to the school
- 2 years teaching experience, preferably in EFL/ ESL/ college preparation/ test preparation
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience utilizing communicative and task-based teaching methods
- The ability to work and interact well with individuals in a culturally diverse environment
- A genuine interest in teaching, education and developing yourself
- A desire to improve learning outcomes and student experiences
- Legal eligibility to work in the United States
About the School: The school is located in Oakland on the Mills College campus and has a student body of 60-100 students, all of whom have left their home countries to prepare for and apply to universities in the US. You would have the amazing chance to get to know and work with an incredible population of ambitious international students. We have students from over 50 different countries and ranging in age from 17-35. The majority of our students are between the ages of 17-28.
- Be first in line should another teaching position open up
- Receive compensation based on experience and education
- Only be contacted if considered for an interview
- Only be reviewed if application includes current resume and detailed cover letter
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top