Student Services Coordinator -Weekends
We are seeking a dynamic Student Reception Coordinator to run a lively reception desk, assisting with needs of our school's International Student body on Friday evenings and weekend daytime shifts. The primary objectives of this position are to maintain an organized, well-run reception, offer friendly service to students in the school, provide courteous attention to callers and perform other various tasks of an administrative nature.
Applicants for this position should be motivated, customer service minded individuals eager to support high traffic in a large International language school. Reporting to the Director of Student Services, the Student Reception Coordinator is stationed in our busy Student Services area during hours which Administrative offices are closed, requiring confidence to take initiative and solve problems independently and meet the varying needs of our student body.
In this position, you will need to be comfortable working with a diverse population. The pace is hectic, but exciting. You are the face of EF for employees, customers and visitors. In addition to offering a high level of Customer Service to our students and guests, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, primary coverage of incoming phone calls, displaying a positive and friendly phone demeanor at all times, ordering activities supplies, distributing course certificates to departing students, arranging departure airport transfers, occasionally running simple activities such as crafts, or playing movies in the theater, and handling crucial airport transfer issues for our weekly arriving and departing students.
- Strong communication and customer service skills, along with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment full of daily surprises.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills, plus impeccable attention to detail
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to shifting priorities on a regular basis
- Positive, energetic, and professional with excellent interpersonal skills
- Driven and confident enough to take initiative and solve problems independently
- Knowledge of NYC and surrounding areas
- Proficient Computer Skills including Microsoft Office, Internet, Social Media
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
- Multilingual a plus
- Previous administrative or reception experience a plus
- International travel experience, and/or interest in different cultures
EF New York is the nation’s largest EF School that currently has a student population of over 800 students during the Academic Year, and close to 1600 students during the peak summer and winter months. The majority of our students are between the ages of 16-25 years old. Visit www.ef.com/newyorkschool for more information about our school and programs.
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break down barriers in language, culture, and geography and so far we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you. For more information, visit www.ef.com/careers.
Back to top