Student Services Coordinator - Oxford Homestay
Are you passionate about travel and languages? Do you believe that students studying abroad have the opportunity of a lifetime? Are you dynamic, outgoing, and energetic?
If so, this role could be the one for you.
The Student Services Coordinator is responsible for running a lively welcome desk, assisting with needs of our international students. In this position, you will need to be comfortable working with a diverse population. The pace is hectic, but exciting. You are the face of EF for our students, suppliers and visitors.
- Welcoming students to the EF school and ensuring a high level of customer service and student satisfaction.
- Managing the Student Welcome Desk.
- Answering student queries and helping with student welfare issues
- Providing information regarding activities and excursions.
- Leading weekend excursions and activities.
- Supporting leaders through leader observations and feedback.
- Administration support using the EF system Elektra.
- Dealing with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Experience in a customer-facing environment, and ideally working with young people.
- Approachable and friendly with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capable of using your own initiative.
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Attend a Senior Staff Training weekend prior to your contract commencing.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 51 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Back to top