Student Services Coordinator
Based at our student residence in downtown SF, the Student Services Coordinator is responsible for managing new bookings and overseeing all aspects of the student accommodation experience at our English language school. This includes everything from capacity management to customer service, facilities and student welfare. We are looking for a self-starter with a relentless focus on customer satisfaction. This is an excellent opportunity to work with people from around the globe and advance your career with the world’s leading international education provider.
- Valid U.S. work authorization
- Fluent written/oral English language skills
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-3 years’ experience in operations, sales and/or customer service – preferably in the hospitality or travel sector.
- Confidence and outstanding written/verbal professional communication skills
- Ability to work very independently with minimal supervision but also as part of a team
- Strong organization/time management skills and strict attention to detail
- Comfortable working with extremely diverse populations and patience serving customers with limited English abilities
- Extremely flexible – evening and weekend work required at certain times of year
- Goal-oriented and results-driven; accountable to firm deadlines
- Cool under pressure – willing and able to take charge in an emergency, think and react quickly to daily surprises, comfortable with a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- A positive attitude, sense of humor and empathy for others – passionate and fun!
- Full oversight of daily operations at our student residence serving 150+ guests
- Communicate with worldwide sales offices to quickly confirm new bookings to our school
- Promote and upsell the residence to students and sales offices and support school sales
- Organize the allocation and roommate assignment process to maximize available residence beds and achieve high occupancy rates
- Arrange weekly airport transfers for arriving/departing students
- Create a warm, friendly and welcoming community atmosphere for all guests with fast, efficient and proactive customer service
- Immediately identify and resolve issues before customers see them
- Build and facilitate strong operational systems and procedures to ensure a clean, safe and happy accommodation experience for our customers: this includes managing external cleaning, maintenance and security contractors
- Ensure the safety/welfare of all guests: this includes detailed emergency plans, conducting regular practice drills and enforcing the student code of conduct
- Work within set budgets, negotiate with suppliers to ensure high quality at low costs
- Launch creative customer service and student life initiatives to increase guest satisfaction
- Collaborate with other departments within the school, regularly assisting with school-wide initiatives and events and participating in emergency-phone rotation
About EF Education First
We’re 43,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we open the world through education, breaking down barriers of language, culture and geography all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give millions of students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities. Follow us on LinkedIn or check out http://careers.ef.com to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top