Student Services Coordinator
You will be joining a global Student Services team of passionate people who excel at providing the best experience and non-academic support. You are comfortable with and excited about working face-to-face with students daily. This position involves a great deal of student interaction (approx. 85% are international), so cultural sensitivity and a keen interest in student support is crucial. This person must have strong communication and project management skills, be an effective team player and excellent organizer to handle multiple tasks.
Your duties and responsibilities as a Student Services Coordinator can include, but are not limited to:
• Student Clubs & Societies – clarifying and communicating rules, governance and processes to all stakeholders. Providing ongoing support to student clubs and club events. Liaising with other local schools to connect students and share best practices.
• Small and Large-scale student event planning and execution – social programming and event-planning, globally-themed competitions, workshops, information sessions, fairs, networking mixers, Graduation, new student Orientation. You will be responsible from the conception of the initial idea to the full final execution of the events.
• Off-campus Housing – maintain current and build new relationships with housing vendors in San Francisco to ensure adequate support is provided to incoming students to find housing options.
• Information/Resource Services – connect over 900 students to the essential services and information including housing, health insurance, events, clubs, on-campus counseling services, phone, and in-person inquiries.
• Student Health Insurance – assist students with insurance queries and paperwork. Helping students better understand their plan benefits and how to best utilize them while in the United States.
An excellent influencer, you are an expert at getting things done without direct authority, and your enthusiasm and your people skills help rally student volunteers and resources. Excellent communication skills are a must as we are looking for someone who can interact with our dynamic team, student body, external vendors and partners. You can re-prioritize when necessary, you have good problem-solving skills and performance ability in a high-pressure environment; this enables you to find solutions and make decisions in a timely manner. You are experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment with frequent student interruptions. Flexibility and entrepreneurial mindset will make you successful at Hult.
We are looking for a candidate with:
• Undergraduate degree required; anything beyond highly valued.
• Functions effectively with frequent interruptions in a very fast-paced environment while maintaining a pleasant and respectful demeanor and providing attention to detail.
• Proven Operations/event facilitation/project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team, establish and maintain effective working relationships and environment.
• Savvy with technology. Can learn and navigate fluidly between multiple platforms.
• Exposure to multicultural environments a plus.
• Familiarity with higher education policies, practices and procedures a plus.
• Flexible with work hours. Occasional evening and weekend events are required.
Please note that you must have the right to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
Hult International Business School is a leading global business school offering a Bachelor degree, full-time and part-time Master degrees, one year accelerated and part-time Executive MBAs, a Doctoral program and Ashridge Executive Education programs.
Hult’s innovative curriculum is taught by inspiring professors who possess real-world business experience. In addition, students gain unrivaled global business perspectives through Hult’s unique Global Campus Rotation - which allows students to study on a combination of Hult’s five campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai and Shanghai, as well as Hult’s rotation centers in New York City and Ashridge. With students representing 140 nationalities, Hult International Business School is a microcosm of the global economy that rewards those who can conduct business that transcends borders.
We strive to be the most relevant business school in the world.
By using our global reach and always being creative, entrepreneurial, and on the cutting edge, our aim is to have a positive impact on individuals and organizations by transforming their management practices. In so doing, we hope to be the business school of choice for existing and aspiring leaders. We will contribute to sustainable growth, helping leaders to integrate commercial success and societal well-being.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges to award US degrees. Hult has a strategic alliance with Ashridge, which is a legally separate UK charity and has the power to award UK degrees. Hult and Ashridge present a combined position under a common brand and operate as an integrated educational institution, which leverages on the strengths of both.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.
Back to top