Student Services and Events Coordinator
Job Title: Student Services and Events Coordinator
Location: San Francisco
Reports To: Head of Student Services
Hult International Business School is the world’s global business school offering an accelerated MBA degree, a series of one-year Master degrees, an Executive MBA degree, a Bachelor degree and Ashridge Executive Education programs. Hult’s innovative curriculum is taught by inspiring professors who possess real-world business experience. In addition, students gain unrivaled global business perspectives on Hult’s unique Global Campus Rotation—a program that allows students to study on any combination of Hult’s five campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, and Shanghai, as well as Hult’s rotation centers in New York City and Ashridge. With students representing 140 nationalities, Hult International Business School is a microcosm of the global economy that rewards those who can conduct business that transcends borders.
We love exceeding goals, we love speed, and we strive when changes happen. We are quite un-traditional in style, we are entrepreneurs. Fundamentally, we love what we do: helping students find a business school that is relevant and that could potentially change their lives. If you identify yourself with us, please contact us!
Become the world’s most relevant business school.
The Student Services and Events Coordinator is an integral part of the Student Services team. You are comfortable with and excited about working face-to-face with students on a daily basis. This position involves a great deal of interaction with students (approx. 85% are international), so cultural sensitivity and a keen interest in student support is crucial. You will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of development and execution of largescale Hult events including, Academic, Career Services & Corporate Relations and Student Services events, acting as the primary point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders. You will report to the Head of Student Services and work with all involved parties to plan activities and ensure flawless execution. You will secure appropriate resources, drive tasks to completion, and conduct evaluations after the events have been finalized. You will develop, monitor and improve Hult's event execution process. Where appropriate, you will build partnerships with local businesses to streamline the events creation and execution process. Your duties and responsibilities as a Student Services and Events Coordinarot include:
- Overseeing all aspects of all events on campus from the conception of the initial idea to the
full final execution of the event including recruiting and training student volunteers.
- Managing the campus wide activities calendar.
- Negotiating with vendors and managing potential staff related to the event including student volunteers, caterers, logistics, entertainment etcetera.
- Presenting a budget for all events to Head of Student Services and executing within the framework of the approved budget.
- Overseeing creation of / creating material necessary such as invitations, RSVP’s, brochures, agendas, etc.
- Generating ideas around how to improve planning, execution and quality of all events.
- Communicating across departments and updating all stakeholders on the status of ongoing
- Partner on successful implementation of Campus Rotation. Ensure that incoming rotating students feel welcomed to the Hult San Francisco community and that San Francisco home campus students engage with rotating students in a supportive way.
An excellent influencer, you are an expert at getting things done without direct authority, and your enthusiasm and your people skills help rally student volunteers and resources. Excellent communication skills are a must as we are looking for someone who can interact with our dynamic team, student body, external vendors and partners. You can re-prioritize when necessary, you have good problem-solving skills and performance ability in a high-pressure environment; this enables you to find solutions and make decisions in a timely manner. You are experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment with frequent student interruptions. Flexibility and entrepreneurial mindset will make you successful at Hult.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Several years of event management experience
- Experience managing partners, predicting costs, managing funds and being cost conscious
- Experience managing virtual and cross-functional teams
- Creative thinker and listener, able to transform ideas and suggestions into successful
- IT, PR and social media skills in order to create awareness of the event via online
- Flexible with work hours. Occasional evening and weekend events are required.
- Previous work with university-level and/or international students a plus
Application close date: open until filled
Position start date: ASAP
Please note that you must have the right to work in the United States to be considered for this position.
Hult International Business School, Inc. is a non-profit corporation organized in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges. Hult is a global institution with campuses in Boston, London, Dubai, San Francisco & Shanghai. The School's mission is to transform lives by providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world.
Hult is an equal opportunity employer. Hult offers competitive salaries and benefits in a global, deeply multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking school, we want to hear from you.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top