Student Accommodation Manager; Home Stay Programs
Student Accommodation Manager; Homestay Programs
EF Educational Homestay Programs
Seattle area - work from home
We offer language and immersion programs to international students aged 9-17, who stay with us for 2-4 weeks during June - August. Our students live with local, volunteer host families. We are seeking a driven and passionate Student Accommodation Manager who will focus on increasing the number of host families on our program and help ensure the students have a quality cultural and educational experience.
Responsible for finding and maintaining high quality homestay accommodation across Seattle, including but not limited to:
- Timely volunteer host family recruitment hitting regional and group benchmarks
- Planning and conducting recruitment actions to attract the interest of perspective hosts; attending events, online media, flyering, postering, joining network events, calling leads
- Follow up leads in a timely manner to plan home visits and activate the new host bed
- Ability to manage/maintain budget
- Lead a small team of host family recruiters
Requirements: Experience and Education:
- College or University degree
- 2+ years of experience in a management role
- Strong persuasive and sales skills
- Outgoing character who enjoys connecting with the community
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to travel and manage a flexible work schedule.
- Available to work at recruitment events most weekends in spring and summer months.
- Must have working car and be able to drive to your regions site when needed
- Home office needed in the Seattle area and the ability to check email and respond to email and voice messages within 24 hours or less.
Profile of Ideal Candidate:
- Hands-on, self motivator, driven and proactive
- Outgoing character with the ability to connect with the local community
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a highly organized manner
- Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive initiatives and competing priorities
- Goal oriented, self-directed and self-motivated
- Background in volunteer management a plus
- A detail-oriented, problem solver with a positive attitude.
Educational Homestay Programs (EHP), EFs non-profit Language Travel division in the United States and Canada, is dedicated to the promotion of international understanding through cultural exchange and language learning. EHP allows international students ages 9 to 18 to explore another language and culture during summer homestay and residential programs in the USA lasting two to four weeks. In these escorted group travel programs, daily language lessons are combined with afternoon activities including sightseeing excursions and visits to local attractions. www,ef.com/ehp
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top