Software Development Professional
Software Development Professional
Company: EF Solutions (Services) Ltd
Location: London, UK
Closing date: 3rd July 2017
If you are a recent graduate with a passion for technology and innovation, EF360 Tech Trainee Program could be for you.
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Join a team that acts like a start-up, but operates with the resources of an international company. The EF360 Tech Trainee Program offers you the opportunity to work on a small team that tackles BIG problems. We’re looking for technologists with prior experience in leading-edge environments who want to get hands-on, professional experience in product, mobile & web development, collaborative software and integrated design.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about software engineering, natural language processing, and machine learning.
- Interested in the intersection of technology & education, and in particular language learning
- Motivated to attack learner’s demands across cultural boundaries
- PhD or MPhil degree in Computer Science or EE, focus on machine learning and natural language processing
- Native English speaker
- Programming languages: Python, Java, MATLAB, SQL, R
- Technologies: MySQL, SQLlite, Eclipse, XCode, macOS/Windows/Linux
- Experience from deep learning algorithms and applied machine learning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience from start-up environments
If you are excited by dynamic challenges that require creative solutions and the opportunity to see your work impact a business on a global scale, this program could be for you.
The role starts in summer or early fall of 2017.
- Design, develop and test solutions from the ground up.
- Work with the Senior Product Manager, Team Lead and Designer to define quality criteria, measurements, improvements
- Ensure that the architecture and design of the solutions are up to EF’s standards regarding quality, code craftsmanship and documentation
- Liaise and work with other EF development teams who are geographically dispersed.
- Programmatically interface with remote and distributed data sources and APIs i.e. Networks.
- Troubleshoot, optimize and performance tune.
- Undertake unit and peer level testing and system integration testing.
- Innovate and brainstorm new features.
- Participate in design of client/server interfaces/APIs and specify requirements on the backend teams.
- Participate in software design (architecture).
- Participate in writing software specification documents with the coordination of team leader.
- Participate in processes improvement and best practices adoption.
Your EF Career Path
It is this simple: Technology is vital to how EF delivers beautiful experiences to our customers. In one short year you’ll have truly gained a 360 degree perspective on the intersection between creative, technology and business. At the end of your year you’ll earn a position within the company tailored to your talents and interests. We have a variety of positions in our Creative and Technology teams. We have Developers, Tech Leads, Project Managers, Business Analysts, UX Designers, Integrated Producers, and Globe Trotters throughout our global offices.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top