Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager
College Break Tours
Cambridge, MA, USA
EF College Break, a division of EF Education First, offers amazing international group travel experiences to 18-28-year-olds. We are looking for a Software Development to take technical ownership in the construction of a suite of cutting-edge e-commerce and customer relationship management solutions to enable EF College Break to provide a best-in-class travel e-commerce experience.
Your focus will be the Object Oriented design of a brand new, powerful web application and the integration and expansion of several sub systems including Salesforce. These solutions will be built using the latest Microsoft and Open Source Technologies: C#, .NET MVC, IoC, MongoDB and more. As the technical leader of the business, your goals will be to adapt the code to College Break’s business rules, keep the code base clean and testable and facilitate a fast-paced, productive, and fun development environment. The job will involve investigating new technologies, leading software design sessions, and coaching team members. We are a small team so you’ll be getting your hands dirty and writing lots of code yourself – this is a job for someone who wants to lead from the front!
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about new technology and wants to contribute in a major way to the success of a rapidly-growing business. The results of your team’s work will be one of the most significant College Break initiatives this year and you will be instrumental in bringing that to life.
The successful candidate:
- Has a passion for architecting and developing websites and web services with the latest, modern techniques
- Demonstrates good communication skills and likes to be in a coach/mentor role
- Is a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication across the entire team
- Enjoys working directly with business owners across the team
- Has a drive for excellence in his/her work, is highly organized, detailed-oriented, thorough, and follows through on commitments
- A bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of professional experience with .NET, specifically C# or Java
- 3-5+ years management
- Solid understanding of object-oriented concepts and REST API's
- Familiarity with AWS is preferred
- Experience and interest in Domain Driven Design, Unit Testing, Inversion of Control, and Agile Development.
Don’t think you are a perfect fit for this job? We are hiring developers and technologists in many roles across the business – reach out to us and we’ll let you know how we can make use of your skills.
EF College Break offers international tour opportunities designed to provide college students and young adults ages 18-28 with firsthand exposure to the world’s cultural, historic and natural sites as they study them. For more information, visit www.efcollegebreak.com
EF College Break is a division of EF. EF stands for “Education First”. Since 1965, we have been opening the world through education. Today we’re the world’s largest private education company- offering every imaginable way to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture, or earn an academic degree. For more information, visit http://www.careers.ef.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top