Labs @ EF Tours
Cambridge, MA, USA
Who are we and what do we do?
Labs @ EF Tours is the group of technology and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customer’s journey with us, from browsing our many tour offerings and enrolling on the web, through collecting feedback after the tour. Over the course of your career with us, you’ll have the opportunity to try your hand at everything from designing beautiful customer front end interactions, to solving large scale resource allocation problems, and everything in between.
What specifically will you be doing?
You will be a key contributor working at the heart of our sales and finance systems. You will have a chance to dive deep into the core of some of our most important business processes and help refine, refactor, and in some cases, re-implement them from the ground up. You will gain experience not only with learning and applying new technologies and practices, but also with re-architecting existing, complex legacy systems to thrive in a modern, cloud hosted ecosystem.
Who do we need right now?
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative environment and gets excited about trying new technologies and new approaches to enhancing the quality and value of the software we deliver.
We ask that you have 2-5 years of experience with:
- Microsoft .Net development, especially developing modern applications in C#
- Microsoft (or similar) SQL development, especially creating and debugging stored procedures
- Designing and implementing RESTful web services, with attention to how other developers interact with them
What else would we really like to see?
We solve a lot of different kinds of problems for our customers, and we rely on a lot of different technologies to get the best answer. It would be a bonus for you to have:
- Recent experience with modern front-end web technologies, such as React, npm, and webpack
- Enthusiasm to work anywhere in the stack, especially in unfamiliar areas
- Enthusiasm for modern DevOps practices (including containerization and Kubernetes deployments)
Let’s talk about The Perks.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- the opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without too, of course)
- three weeks paid vacation your first year and four weeks after your first year
- free language classes, taught in-house
- free workout classes, taught in-house
- a restaurant and bar right in the building
- discounts on EF products including our travel and language programs
- market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
For more information about this or other career opportunities, please visit www.eftech.com
EF Educational Tours offers international learning opportunities designed to provide students with firsthand exposure to the world’s cultural, historic and natural sites as they study them. For more information, visit www.eftours.com.
EF Educational Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top