Small Projects Account Manager
Job Title: Small Projects Account Manager
Location: Ashridge House, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports to: VP Global Client Management
Salary: in range £25,000 - £29,000
The Small Projects Account Manager sits within the sales team – supporting renewal and growth of current clients. The aim is to manage the relationship (being responsible for systems and processes for administration of the clients) and look at opportunities to develop. This will give better continuity for the client and enable us to develop relationships more widely across our organisation by actively seeking new opportunities with them. Our aim is that the role will add value both to the client and to the business.
You are integral in delivering an outstanding customer experience to our clients. You have proven skills as an excellent communicator, able to influence and negotiate with senior colleagues and clients to ensure projects are delivered to a very high standard. You aren’t afraid to stand in front of a group to welcome and orient them, but much of your work will be behind-the-scenes. You have a passion for executive education, and for helping clients reach their full potential. Your hard work will pay off each time a client leaves satisfied, after experiencing an inspiring course.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be a trusted advisor – knowing them, knowing where we can add value
- Present all Ashridge to clients – other interventions they could do with us and ‘exciting things’ we’re doing – being ‘one step ahead’ of their potential needs
- Be a central point of contact
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Project management of our client’s executive education projects – ensuring smooth execution
- Ensuring project activities take place on time and to client satisfaction. This includes: the participant experience, planning and booking logistics and resources, organizing & attending project meetings, ensuring regular updates on milestones and actions
- Commercial and process support – negotiation / contract / reviewing profitability
- Liaise between customers and our internal teams for programs
- Building professional relationships with internal stakeholders; faculty, associates, as well as other teams, to share knowledge, needs, and best practices
- Manage the commercial process - setting up and tracking the project budget to monitor and report costs and remaining budget, suggest and implement ways to save costs and increase margin.
- Using technical platforms including Salesforce/FinancialForce, our learning management systems (Canvas) and participant communication (Zoom).
- Negotiate contracts and agreements to maximize profit
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Managing other ad-hoc internal projects as required from time to time by Line Manager, providing support to immediate team and wider Ashridge
- Someone who will treat this job as if it’s their own company, and our clients as their own
- Work experience as an Account manager, key account manager or other relevant experience
- Successful Project Management experience, ideally client facing
- Happy, practical, can-do; gets things done quickly and is action, priority and solution focused
- Tireless passion for quality – loves delighting clients
- Very organised, plans ahead, attention to detail, gets things right and knows when to stop checking and move to action for optimum quality/speed balance
- Desire for efficiency and constant improvement – asks ‘how can we do this better next time?’ and has ideas!
- Tech savvy, flexible and confident, embraces change, will try new things, exploit technology
- A questioning mind with an ability to understand, diagnose and identify solutions
- A team player, who builds real relationships and is seen as trusted advisor
- Great communication skills, happy to stand up and talk in front of clients
- Commercially aware – understands contracts, budgets, can identify savings and add up accurately!
- Ability to work independently and delegate to team members when necessary
- A decision maker with the ability to recognise when to defer and when to act
- Fluency in other languages can be helpful
- 25 days paid holiday each year
- Complimentary daily lunch available to all staff
- Free access to on-site gym (with swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, squash court and outdoor sporting facilities)
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free staff shuttle to and from Berkhamsted station (set schedule)
- Free on-site parking
- Free access to Virtual Ashridge, our award winning online learning resource tool
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top