Senior Web Developer
As a Web Developer at EF Labs, you will be a key contributor of the exciting journey creating the world most advanced online learning experience with us. The product you and the team members build are actively serving millions of students 24 * 7 globally. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team combined with the best from marketing, operation, product, design, ux, content and academic experts to incorporate the leading web technologies with latest academic research to help our students learn English more effectively.
As a Web Developer of EF Labs, you will collaboratively drive the solution deliveries, covering evaluation, design, implementation, assist test automation, till the solutions go live; You are expected to be the key influencer in the team, with the ability to multi-task, teach and instruct co-workers, attend meetings with project stakeholders as required to ensure the needs are met and successfully delivered; You are expected to act as one of the key change agents to reinforce the technical best practices/workflows across the teams; You are expected to be one of key voices in our technical community to not only know how to get the job done, but how we could improve as a whole.
- Conduct system analysis and development, review and come out solution design with tech leads/architects.
- Analyze feature specifications and translate feature requirements to task specifications for less senior programmers.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Responsible for planning, processing and performing all jobs in an efficient manner.
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Responsible for development of new programs, analyzes current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
- Responsible for utilizing tools and equipment involved in performance of essential functions of programming including measuring instruments.
- Responsible for following the engineering best practices, conduct code reviews, and inspections for production of a quality product.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of staff.
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science/Engineering majors
- Minimum 4 years’ working experience in software development
- Strong Evidence:
- Object Oriented Programming (C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, .NET)
- Relational database design (MS SQL Server)
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities.
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
- Providing advice, training and technical support for various projects.
- Working closely with management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, expected to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Expert knowledge of computer languages, program design methods and techniques.
- Solid knowledge of multi-threading, security and encryption.
- Ability to determine whether a particular problem is caused by hardware, operating systems software, application programs, or network failures.
- Updates and modifies existing implementations to improve efficiency.
- Performs work of high difficulty in designing, writing, editing, modifying, and debugging computer programs.
Back to top