EF Tours helps students gain new perspectives and build skills for the future through experiential learning. As an accredited institution, we partner with educators across the world to create global education programs that blend classroom, digital, and experiential learning for students.
The Tours Engineering team @ EF Tours is the group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customer’s journey – from showcasing our tour offerings, to creating personalized itineraries, and collecting their feedback after the tour.
As the lead UX designer focused on our public facing website, you will work closely with Engineering, Marketing, and business stakeholders to build a compelling customer experience for teachers, parents and students. The ideal candidate should possess strong strategic, creative and planning skills that enable them to effectively communicate, negotiate and drive design solutions on the web, and affect positive change in our product experiences. With 400+ itineraries and over 50 countries visited, our site is tasked with organizing and describing the world we offer to students and teachers in a way that is digestible and does the destinations justice. In this role you’ll leverage your expertise in UX research methods, information architecture, and interaction design to capture what sets EF apart and ensure that every touchpoint (both digital and human) are working in lock step to communicate that value.
You should be comfortable giving presentations to stakeholders, facilitating workshops and collaborative brainstorming sessions, breaking down complex requirements and user journeys, compiling higher level generative research, and creating the building blocks for a successful project. This should include personas, low and high-fidelity wireframes, customer journey maps, user flow diagrams, and prototypes or whatever other methods you have in your UX toolkit.
What you’ll do
- Create exceptional user experiences by being responsible for end-to-end deliverables on projects and initiatives
- Understand research needs and how to leverage partners within the business to find answers to your questions.
- Support and collaborate with a range of internal stakeholders from Sales, Brand, Marketing, and Product teams
- Continue to build on our culture of user centered design by sharing your expertise across the business (ex: participating in our bi-weekly research chapter, workshop facilitation, collaborating with content creators etc...)
- Own the end to end experience of our customers from product discovery through acquisition no matter the touchpoint (ie- Web, marketing campaigns, Drift scripts, how we interact on the phone, CRM, physical mailers, etc...)
- Have a passion for the power of data- how to collect it thoughtfully, how to use it to support the best customer experience and how it can inform business opportunities.
- Be just as able and proud to find tactical quick wins as you are in your holistic future thinking design work.
- Communicate the thought-process behind your work, address feedback in a solutions-oriented manner, and partner closely with the business to ensure you’re using all the levers at your disposal in your designs.
- Work with our copy writers, brand designers, illustrators etc... to continue to evolve the voice of EF and ensure our message is delivered in a way that meets the customer where they are.
Who you are
- 5+ years professional experience as a UX Designer, preferably with web experience for large brands and a strong sense for interaction design.
- Someone with a deep knowledge of UI/UX patterns, visual design principles, and best practices
- Knowledge of user-centered methodologies and design thinking
- Hands on experience conducting user research sessions such as user interviews, a/b testing, user testing and other qualitative practices
- Ability to design simple, usable experiences that scale across a complex suite of products
- Ability to accept and design against feedback from stakeholders and colleagues in a rapid iterative design process, and effectively produce multiple highly polished and professional finished works under tight timelines
- Understanding of opportunities and constraints of multiple platforms (web, smartphone, tablet)
Ideal skills & expertise
- Experience working in ecommerce
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Design or related field, preferred
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
- Comfortable presenting ideas both formally and informally
- Strong visual problem solver
- Solid understanding of interactive design
What this role is NOT
- This role is NOT brand design. While you will be responsible for the ways customers interact with EF across UI and service touchpoints, you will have a team of designers, copy writers, and marketers to partner with to guide visual language and communication strategy.
- Handing off your designs and never touching them again. We follow through from initial concepts through first release onward.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.