Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer—Senior-level
Go Ahead Tours
Cambridge, MA, USA
Go Ahead Tours is looking for an experienced Senior UX Designer to join our growing team.
As the Senior UX Designer on a cross-functional Agile product team, you’ll work with closely with product managers, developers, copywriters, and business stakeholders to build and optimize our ecommerce experiences.
The perfect candidate will have several years of experience building and iterating products based on customer feedback and needs
What this role is
- User Centered. Understanding the needs of our customers and making that knowledge the focus for ongoing and future work
- You will work with a team of visual designers across 4 cross-functional teams to solve complex problems with thoughtful design
- You will be doing lots of user testing, sketching, wireframing, sitemapping in order to make your ideas a reality
- You will be working fast and smart when determining priorities sprint by sprint
What this role is NOT
- Visual design. We have a whole team of people that has that covered.
- Handing off your designs and never touching them again. We follow through from initial concepts through first release onward.
- A solo effort. You need to enjoy solving problems as part of a team.
Who you are
You are a practical dreamer, a UX nerd, and you love to ask why. You crave the challenge of reconciling complex user needs with even more complex business needs. You own your ideas and run with them. When you’re stuck—you believe there’s a creative way around almost any obstacle. And at the end of the day, you haven’t lost your sense of humor. You trust your gut. You love what you do and want to collaborate with a diverse team. You crave the opportunity and growth of a large company but the flexibility and camaraderie of a small, private one.
- 5+ years professional experience as a UX Designer. ecommerce experience preferred
- Knowledge of user-centered methodologies and design thinking
- Hands on experience conducting user research sessions such as user interviews, a/b testing, user testing and other qualitative practices
- Experience working side by side with a team of product managers, developers and other key stakeholders
- Ability to design simple, usable experiences that scale across a complex suite of products
- Understand opportunities and constraints of multiple platforms (web, smartphone, tablet)
Ideal skills & expertise
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Design or related field, preferred
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
- Comfortable presenting ideas both formally and informally
- Strong visual problem solver
- Solid understanding of interactive design
Who we are
Go Ahead Tours is a division of EF Education First. Founded in 1965 by entrepreneur Bertil Hult, EF is a privately-held company with 15 divisions that offer a range of educational programs from language training, educational travel, and academic degrees to cultural exchanges. With a mission to open the world through education, EF has helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world. For more information, visit
About EF Education First
We’re 40,500 small. We’re teachers and students, creatives and analysts, visionaries and doers. We are 120 nationalities—and counting. Together, we break down barriers of language, culture and geography and we do it all over the world. Over the past 50 years, our mission has grown to include a diverse range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and academic opportunities.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, increases to four weeks your second year
- All expenses paid international travel
- Free in-house language classes
- On-site restaurant and bar
- Travel discounts
- Inspiring and fun offsite outings
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match and more
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top