Senior UX Designer
We are seeking an experienced Interaction/User Experience Designer capable of leading projects and teams.
You are passionate about making digital products and services that are useful, usable and desirable. You have experience of creating services that cover multiple touchpoints, channels, devices.
If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and long to work on products that truly transform people’s lives on a global scale. Get in touch.
- Lead projects and a team of UX and UI designers to define the user experience for EF’s next generation web/mobile and tablet based e-learning platforms, teacher services, and connected classrooms
- Collaborate across teams to define the end-to-end user experience for EF’s services
- Employ a range of human-centered design processes and tools such as mental models, personas, use scenarios, prototypes, site maps, wireframes, task flows, and puppet shows (just seeing if you’re paying attention) to create user-centered product solutions for both long-term and short-term initiatives
- Create and apply high-level experience design principles / guidelines for digital and cross-channel services
- Collaborate closely with product management to define user stories and integrate these tools into an agile development process
- Identify, plan and facilitate formal and guerilla user research, usability testing and other feedback mechanisms as appropriate
- Provide appropriate quantitative and qualitative assessments of customer needs and market opportunities
- Monitor competitive and complimentary product experiences and trends. Document best practices and identify opportunities to deliver innovative and immersive creation, sharing and selling experiences
- Facilitate brainstorms and working sessions with cross-disciplinary teams. Manage and appropriately involve key stakeholders for buy-in and sign-off design milestones
- Ship exemplary products that transform our customer’s lives and grow the business
- Act as an advocate of User Experience approach and methods, by mentoring more junior colleagues, as well as colleagues from other teams (editors, academics, developers, product managers,….)
- Support the Director of Experience Design in building and fostering an internal UX community with an external profile
- A user-centered mindset partnered with wicked creativity
- Five or more years of developing interactive products as an Experience designer, Information architect, or Interaction designer
- Demonstrated experience designing for multiple platforms (with proven expertise in mobile) and the various functions of a commercial digital service
- Demonstrate and model deep understanding of the value of other disciplines, and their interaction with design/ user experience
- Proven experience in use of common UX tools and requirements documentation
- Excellent written and oral skills to communicate clearly and negotiate effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional information presentation. You may not think of yourself as a graphic designer, but you know how to use a grid and quality typography makes you a bit giddy
- An advanced degree or significant post-undergraduate training in a related field, such as human- computer interaction, user research, design planning, library science, graphic design, or industrial design is preferred
- Experience working across locations and time zones
- A keen interest in educational technology, design for motivation, and international travel
- Chinese language proficiency not required, but experience with bilingual research and design is beneficial
A Global Company EF’s scale catches some by surprise. We have over 400 offices and schools spanning more than 50 countries, and a workforce comprising 120 nationalities. EF is all over the globe. And that means your creative voice can be too.
If you’re a creative, “Corporate” is probably a bad word. We get that. And while someone needs to wield Excel to pay you, EF is family-owned and entrepreneurial. That means if you have a good idea you can get it made.
Our Creative Teams
We’re not some “internal agency”. We are distributed teams of insanely talented, and sometimes modest, creatives. We interact on projects all over the world, in every medium, and honestly, genuinely like working together. Learn more about our design philosophy, offices and recent work at: http://creativejournal.ef.com
Back to top