Senior Transport Manager
EF Cultural Tours GmbH is the world’s largest privately owned tour operator specialized in Education Travel. We offer educational tours to North American students aged 12-18 and willing to explore the world. We provide safe, fun and organized tours around the world that leave our travelers transformed, empowered and inspired to continue traveling and exploring.
Starting date for the position: as soon as possible
The role: Senior Transport Manager
As a Senior Transport Manager you will join the Transportation team of EF Cultural Tours, where you will be responsible for devising and implementing the sourcing strategies integral for our large-scale transport production. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations/Transportation, you are restless about getting the best supplier contracts possible at the target budget + quality and you possess strong, proven negotiation acumen. You will use your social skills to foster relationships with existing suppliers and develop new ones. You will apply your strong analytical skills to set and manage budgets, being always conscious of offering the best customer experience.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing and implementing sourcing and inventory strategies for transport services
- Performing segmentation analysis of existing and future potential EF partners
- Budgeting and upward cost-forecasting
- Identifying and building strategic, cross-regional supplier partnerships
- Savings, Cost Management and Quality Management – meeting and exceeding cost savings and process efficiency targets by giving EF access to the most favorable pricing and conditions whilst maintaining a high standard of quality and customer satisfaction
- Supporting Transport Managers (TAM) with their sourcing & planning
- Optimizing inventory usage from cost and quality perspective.
- Ensuring all transport partners comply with EF safety and liability standards
- Maintaining dialogues with internal stakeholders to improve tour-flow and logistics
- Risk Management – monitoring and proactively managing any potential areas of risk
- Assisting the team with the handling of large-scale disruptions (e.g. strikes, snowstorms)
- University degree in business, tourism, logistics, or similar
- 5-10 years’ experience working in the European bus industry and/or travel industry
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Strong interest and network in the European bus industry
- Fluency in English plus two of the following languages: German, French, Italian, Spanish
- Proven analytical ability
- Ability to build strong partner relationships
- Willing to travel between 30-40% of total time
- You are never happy with the status-quo and always come up with creative ways of improvement
- Highly sociable and energetic, positive and with sense of humor!
- To be considered for this role, applicants must be either Swiss citizens, EU-nationals, or have the legal right to live and work in Switzerland
If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you!
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top