Senior Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist
EF Education First – Tours IT
This position is open only to citizens of Switzerland and the European Union, and others who are currently authorized to work in Switzerland.
Are you a technical whiz that is great at finding solutions to difficult problems? Do you thrive on the satisfaction of helping people use technology to make their jobs easier? If you answered yes to these questions, this could be the perfect role for you!
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. With more than 40,500 staff and teachers working in 53 countries around the world, our mission is simple: opening the world through education. Since we were founded 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language or earn an academic degree.
As a Technical Support Specialist you will join a small team based in the United States and Switzerland. The team plays a key technology support role for a major division of EF, comprising over a thousand employees in nine locations around the world. Our mission is to ensure that technology works to the betterment of the organization and that can mean everything from diving in and fixing problems to taking a step back and looking at the big picture—whatever it takes is what we do.
This is a senior position on a tier 1 / tier 2 technical support team supporting local and remote EF staff. You’ll be a technical resource and mentor for your teammates, and when a policy or process is unclear you will often be the one to make a judgment call. You will also be involved in supporting senior managers and will provide input on technology strategy. You will collaborate with technology experts throughout EF as they attempt to reproduce recurring issues in a test environment and resolve them, and finally, you'll have the chance to assist with a variety of technology-related projects and other IT support responsibilities.
Your skill set should look something like this…
- 2-4 years of experience working full or part time in an IT support role
- Experience as a team lead, mentor or trainer on an IT support team
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 and 2012 and recent versions of Mac OSX
- A basic understanding of TCP/IP networks and the ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues using tools such as ping, tracert and ipconfig
- Experience administering computers/users in a Microsoft Active Directory domain environment
- Ability to use scripts to automate tasks (PowerShell preferred)
- iOS support experience
- Ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to end users with various levels of technical know-how
- Conflict resolution skills and an ability to perform under pressure
- A nothing is impossible attitude, backed by creativity and execution
- English fluency and a university degree
- A unique chance to work for a global company, but still enjoy the atmosphere of a small team
- An environment that thrives on innovation
- The chance to influence standards and procedures while shaping your role and breaking down technological barriers for your EF colleagues
- Opportunities for occasional domestic and international travel
- To feel great about your product and the impact it makes on your customers’ lives
Excited but not a perfect match? Apply anyway! We love interesting candidates and diverse backgrounds.
Back to top