As a senior teacher, you will be responsible for teaching classes on the Foundation, the Pre Postgraduate, and the Pre PhD programmes. Classes will mainly cover the language and research aspects of the syllabus. Your role will also involve communicating with other teaching staff to help ensure consistency and compliance across the other UP schools.
- Teaching on University Preparation courses, Fulfill an hour bank of 1794 lessons based on 52 weeks (100% hour banked). The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 17.30.
- Covering classes in the event of staff absence.
- Supporting teachers in the delivery of the teaching and learning running observations and CPDs
- Assisting in the organization, preparation and administration of exams and assignments
- Ensuring appropriate standards are applied in teaching and learning
- Participating in regular module and course reviews and curriculum development
Facilitating the delivery of the e-learning tools across the school
- Assisting with the profiling, university applications, reports and references for students
- Assisting with the extramural programmes, trips, visits and activities which will take place Monday to Friday
- Supporting students with learning issues
- Assisting with induction and enrolment at the beginning of each term
- Helping with academic records
- 3 or more years of teaching experience, preferably in an EAP/HE context
- College or university degree, and preferably a Master’s degree
- Familiarity with academic practice and research methods
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Highly motivated, proactive and positive, with an outgoing & confident personality
- Organized and thorough with excellent attention to detail
- Able to encourage a positive and sharing attitude to both classroom and professional issues
- Ability to oversee the work of other UP teachers and train new members of the team
- Flexible and able to multi-task, enjoys working in busy & varied environment
- Customer service focused with excellent communication & people skills
- Computer literate, able to use Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and a variety of databases
- DELTA or DipTESOL
- Experience of working with e-learning tools
- Ability to teach subject pathway modules
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Back to top