Senior Software Engineer Full Stack .NET Core / React
- Zurich, Switzerland
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries.
Our company has an immediate opening for a Senior Software Engineer on the EF International Language Campuses Technology team. You will be in-charge of the development end to end in one of our Enterprise Core Systems that support Sales and Production, joining a new team that EF is setting up in our beautiful headquarter in Zürich.
Your role will consist of implementing the feature requested for our new generation of systems that we are rebuilding to support our business. Under the guidance of our Solution Architects and Lead Software Engineers, you will develop first-class software solutions, both on the front-end side, adopting web technologies as well as on the back end side, evolving our micro services ecosystem based on event driven architectures.
You will be working side by side with the business line and the other systems that integrates with yours. You will collaborate with multiple agile Scrum Teams located in our Zürich office and interact with other development teams around the world.
If you are excited about tackling and solving tough problems; if you want to be part of a fast-paced work environment and work inside the support structure of a global enterprise; if you want to be a front runner in changing how our EF conducts business through technology and design - then this position is for you.
Along with your extra-ordinary innovative talent, you shall be responsible to:
- Participate to the development end to end of our new generation of Enterprise Core Systems, collaborating with other teams and technical leaders in choosing and implementing the best-in-class solutions
- Support our agile best practices, software engineering principles and CI/CD practices
- Coordinate with the architects group and Leads to understand the systems that you are going to develop
- Integrate your system with other systems developed by teams located both in-house and remotely, coordinating development strategies and common activities that impact other teams
MINDSETS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILL SETS
- You have good communication skills – not just spoken but also written
- You are a team player – who is part of a successful cross-functional team having a composition of developers, QAs, BAs and admins
- Most importantly, you are sensitive to cultural differences in globally spread teams
- Have Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION – THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
- Strong OOD competences and Software Engineering Methodologies & Practices
- Very good design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration paradigms
- 5+ years of overall working experience on both
- .NET Core / .NET
- Full stack experience in development of complex projects, both on frontend and backend areas
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, SOLID principles, etc.
- Hands-on experience in Web services and REST API development
- Nice to have: knowledge of cloud technologies and experience with cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 54 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Back to top