Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
Labs @ EF Tours
Cambridge, MA, USA
Who are we and what do we do?
Labs @ EF Tours is the group of technology and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customer’s journey with us, from browsing our many tour offerings and enrolling on the web, through collecting feedback after the tour. Over the course of your career with us, you’ll have the opportunity to try your hand at everything from designing beautiful customer front end interactions, to solving large scale resource allocation problems, and everything in between.
What specifically will you be doing?
You will be leading a small team of software developers as they create and expand on technology driving a slice of our business. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, UX researchers, product owners, and business stakeholders to design and build systems that enhance our customer’s experience with us as they prepare for their tours.
Who do we need right now?
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative, cooperative environment, and gets excited about trying new technologies and new approaches to enhancing the quality and value of the software we deliver. We also ask that you have:
- Experience leading software development projects
- Experience with a large part of the Microsoft .Net framework, and related technologies
- Enthusiasm for learning, and following, best practices
What else would we really like to see?
We solve a lot of different kinds of problems for our customers, and we rely on a lot of different technologies to get the best answer. We’d love to have you on the team if you also have:
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Recent experience with modern front-end web technologies, such as React, npm, and webpack
- Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies
- Experience working on a full stack team that owned all aspects of the software they delivered
Let’s talk about The Perks.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- the opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without too, of course)
- three weeks paid vacation your first year and four weeks after your first year
- free language classes, taught in-house
- free workout classes, taught in-house
- a restaurant and bar right in the building
- discounts on EF products including our travel and language programs
- market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
For more information about this or other career opportunities, please visit www.eftech.com
EF Educational Tours offers international learning opportunities designed to provide students with firsthand exposure to the world’s cultural, historic and natural sites as they study them. For more information, visit www.eftours.com.
EF Educational Tours is a division of EF Education First, the world leader in international education. Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top