Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
EF - Go Ahead Tours
Cambridge, MA, USA
Who are we and what do we do?
EF Go Ahead Tours is a group of technology and creative professionals empowering groups of travelers on guided tours across the world. We power every step of our customer’s journey with us, from browsing our many tour offerings and booking on the web, through collecting feedback and empowering staff to provide the best tour experience possible. Over the course of your career with us, you’ll have the opportunity to grow both your technical and interpersonal skills while solving the problems of rapidly growing business and scaling technology requirements.
What will you be doing?
You will empower your assigned lane, which is a small group of developers tackling a specific problem, as they create and expand on driving our business forward. You will collaborate across teams of developers, designers, product owners, and stakeholders to design and build system that enhance our customer’s experience with us as they prepare for their tours.
Who do we need?
We are looking for someone who thrives in a collaborative, cooperative environment, and gets excited about trying new technologies and new approaches to enhancing the quality and value of the software we deliver. We ask that you have the following:
- 5-7+ years of professional experience developing scalable web applications
- 1+ years on an agile software development team
- Experience building restful APIs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of systems architecture and software craftsmanship
What else would we really like to see?
We solve a lot of different problems and rely on a lot of different technologies to get the best result. We’d love to have you on the team if you also have:
- Experience with C# and ASP.NET Core
- Recent experience with modern front-end web technologies such as react, redux, webpack, npm, etc
- Experience with relational or document databases
- Experience working on a full stack team that owns all aspects of the software they deliver
- Experience with dev ops using AWS, docker, team city, etc
Let’s talk about The Perks.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without too, of course)
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year and four weeks after your first year
- Free language classes, taught in-house
- Free workout classes, taught in-house
- A restaurant and bar right in the building
- Discounts on EF products including our travel and language programs
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
Go Ahead Tours offers industry-leading guided group tours to destinations that span all seven continents. For more information, visit www.goaheadtours.com.
Go Ahead Tours is a division of EF Education First. Founded in 1965 by entrepreneur Bertil Hult, EF is a privately-held company with 15 divisions that offer a range of educational programs from language training, educational travel, and academic degrees to cultural exchanges. With a mission to open the world through education, EF has helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world. For more information, visit http://www.ef.com/careers
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you. For more information, visit www.ef.com/careers.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top