Senior Project Manager (Agile Master)
We provide the best-in class education services to numerous individuals and top firms around the world, we build exciting software products with compelling user experience to support our vision: Break down barriers of language, culture, and geography that divide people.
We are looking for a leader to lead our product development procedure with agile methodology. You will be playing as a critical role in driving development execution to help the organization to achieve business goals. You will also be a significant contributor on continuous improvement in our organization. You will be working in a fast-growing business, a diverse and dynamic working environment, and with the best talents from all over the world.
- Chase software excellence; never stop refinement on software development.
- Understand Agile spirit, practice it in daily work and improve continuously;
- Have the experiences on large-scale software development; comprehend the complexity of software product and related solution;
- Dare to learn and change, have strong curiosity for learning new things;
- Be equipped with the ability of good systematic thinking and communication, know how to simplified in complex situation
- Strong leadership with good communication skills, capability of influence team members, peers and management to ensure the team is running on the right trajectory
- Capable on motivating team members, building collaborative, accountable atmosphere within team, and push things forward.
- Servant Leader – Must be able to get respect from his/her team and be willing to help team remove obstacles to get the job done
- Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with teams in both English and Chinese
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Assertive – Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, and be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
- Situationally Aware & escalation– Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
- Continual improvement - Must continually be growing your craft, learning new tools and techniques to develop yourself and your team
- Conflict resolution - Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Attitude of empowerment - Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about development and grow business trust
- Understand basic fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand other processes and methodologies and can speak intelligently about them and leverage other techniques to provide value to a team/enterprise
- Understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Understand basic fundamentals of QA principles and continuous integration
- Understanding Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) will be a big advantage
- Practical or team coaching experiences of Agile development (Scrum, Kanban, XP etc);
- Project or program management experiences will be an advantage;
- Experiences on large scale software design and architecture will be preferred;
- Wide technical horizon and practical experiences in multiple technology stack will be preferred;
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top