Senior Product Manager
The senior product manager is responsible for completing product life-cycle from requirements through launch, setting up product positioning and value proposition definition. This position involves close interaction with development leads, product architects, and key customers. Job duties include gathering requirements from existing and potential customers as well as recent evaluators, writing product backlogs, and monitoring the implementation of each product project.
Candidate should have a clear understanding of how product is built, then be able to assess the risk of certain features or get a more accurate gut feeling about the duration of stories or tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the product lifecycle from concept to launch, lead projects that involve cross-functional coordination to provide integrated products.
- Provide the product’s vision, create the roadmap, and drive its execution.
- Gather and prioritizes product and customer requirements, vet with internal stakeholders, and ensure business impact and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Write system requirements documents and specifications detailing functional requirements for new features
- Be able to translate between Engineering and other departments, including Sales, Product Marketing, and the customer.
- Lead cross-functional teams of developers, content specialists, and designers to build cutting-edge products.
- Manage and drive to high quality delivery all projects in the product backlog.
- Regularly communicate and update the stakeholders about progress and priorities to garner cross functional team input and alignment.
- Ability to understand technical challenges and make educated trade-offs with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- At least three years of experience working in product management for a software company, either with web-based products, desktop applications, or mobile devices.
- Familiar with development technology and methodology
- Fluency in English and Chinese, both on speaking and writing
- Experience in managing small teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills for identifying market opportunities.
- Aggressive, results-driven orientation.
- Excellent communicator – both oral and written.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Team player who does whatever it takes to succeed and works well with other areas of the company
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top