Senior Network Administrator
Main Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Network escalation POC for Tier 1 offices / schools and others
- Owning and completing tasks identified for IT infrastructure at new offices and schools that are opened worldwide, as per the guidelines set by the Infrastructure team
- Owning and completing tasks identified for preventive maintenance of EF offices and schools.
- Troubleshooting and resolving IT issues at different EF offices/schools worldwide.
- Performing tasks/projects related to IT Infrastructure and Support that are assigned by Global IT team.
- Technical mentorship to the Level 1 and Level 2 support teams
- Drive timely delivery & installation of changes in the IT infrastructure by coordinating between various teams to ensure adherence to SLAs and committed timelines for all deliveries.
- Following the defined process to report activities/issues and track them to closure
- Being part of incident handling for outages and resolving them with the minimal productivity impact
- Being part of the problem management and completing root cause analysis for the identified incident. Initiating RFC and implementing them to avoid repetitive incidents.
- Strong familiarity and understanding of different health monitoring tools and configuration systems
Experience and education should include:
8 to 10 years in managing critical network infrastructure, distributed networking, routing, switching, firewall, IPSEC tunnelling, Cisco wireless controllers, video conference, network monitoring systems, security systems, remote troubleshooting and implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or engineering.
- Overall experience of 8 years in the industry with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with handling critical network infrastructure, wireless controllers, firewalls and switches. Video conferencing, network access control knowledge a plus.
- Strong leadership, team building and decision making attribute
- Strong knowledge in Cisco/Dell switching and routing
- Strong knowledge in Cisco Wireless controllers, Access Points, and Cisco PRIME
- Strong knowledge about incident handling, problem and change management
- Strong knowledge in configuring and Troubleshooting Fortinet firewalls and NAT. Linux and proxy server is plus
- Knowledge on Cisco ISE is a plus
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills including confidentiality, interpersonal skills, presentation skills and an ability to use a variety of communication tools.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, especially managers and other key decisions makers. Must have excellent team member and partnering skills
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, other employees and public groups
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- High result orientation, customer orientation and empathy would be key success factors in this role.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top