Senior Network Administrator
Main Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Network escalation POC for Tier 1 offices / schools and others
- Owning and completing tasks identified for IT infrastructure at new offices and schools that are opened worldwide, as per the guidelines set by the Infrastructure team
- Owning and completing tasks identified for preventive maintenance of EF offices and schools.
- Troubleshooting and resolving IT issues at different EF offices/schools worldwide.
- Performing tasks/projects related to IT Infrastructure and Support that are assigned by Global IT team.
- Technical mentorship to the Level 1 and Level 2 support teams
- Drive timely delivery & installation of changes in the IT infrastructure by coordinating between various teams to ensure adherence to SLAs and committed timelines for all deliveries.
- Following the defined process to report activities/issues and track them to closure
- Being part of incident handling for outages and resolving them with the minimal productivity impact
- Being part of the problem management and completing root cause analysis for the identified incident. Initiating RFC and implementing them to avoid repetitive incidents.
- Strong familiarity and understanding of different health monitoring tools and configuration systems
Experience and education should include:
8 to 10 years in managing critical network infrastructure, distributed networking, routing, switching, firewall, IPSEC tunnelling, Cisco wireless controllers, video conference, network monitoring systems, security systems, remote troubleshooting and implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or engineering.
- Overall experience of 8 years in the industry with a minimum of 5 years’ experience with handling critical network infrastructure, wireless controllers, firewalls and switches. Video conferencing, network access control knowledge a plus.
- Strong leadership, team building and decision making attribute
- Strong knowledge in Cisco/Dell switching and routing
- Strong knowledge in Cisco Wireless controllers, Access Points, and Cisco PRIME
- Strong knowledge about incident handling, problem and change management
- Strong knowledge in configuring and Troubleshooting Fortinet firewalls and NAT. Linux and proxy server is plus
- Knowledge on Cisco ISE is a plus
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills including confidentiality, interpersonal skills, presentation skills and an ability to use a variety of communication tools.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, especially managers and other key decisions makers. Must have excellent team member and partnering skills
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, other employees and public groups
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- High result orientation, customer orientation and empathy would be key success factors in this role.
Back to top