Senior .NET Developer
Senior .NET Developer
Go Ahead Tours
Cambridge, MA, USA
Go Ahead Tours is looking for a Senior .NET Developer to join our fun, energetic, and growing team. We are looking for someone who’s excited about new technologies and working in a largely autonomous environment solving critical business problems. If you possess enthusiasm and experience with solving business problems through engineering systems, we want to talk to you!
At Go Ahead Tours, we work on delivering the best experience to people dreaming about the next world adventure – whether that means improving the customer-facing website or building tooling to help automate product flow and boost the in-house sales staff.
As a Senior .NET Developer, you’ll play an important role in developing software solutions to the complex business problems surrounding the e-commerce process. You will coordinate with UX experts, product owners, and business analysts to help deliver impactful solutions to our most important quandaries. While some of our work requires maintaining existing systems, the bulk of what we do involves developing new systems using cutting-edge technologies.
Some of the technologies we currently use:
- NET Core 2.1
- AWS (EC2, Kinesis, SNS/SQS, Lambda, and more)
- 5+ years of experience developing applications using the .NET stack (or demonstrable skills in another stack)
- SOLID understanding of C#, Entity Framework, ASP.NET Web API, and object oriented concepts.
- A strong desire to learn new technologies, give and receive constructive criticism, and grow outside your technical comfort zone.
- Good team player with a passion for collaboration and the ability to mentor junior developers.
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with .NET Core.
- Experience with agile/scrum/Kanban methodologies.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, increasing to four weeks your second year.
- All expenses paid international travel.
- Free in-house language classes
- On-site restaurant and bar
- Travel discounts
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, and more.
- Professional development opportunities such as conferences, tuition reimbursement, and online or off site trainings.
Don’t think you’re a perfect fit for the job? We are hiring developers and technologists in many roles across the business. Reach out to us and we’ll let you know how we can make use of your skills.
Go Ahead Tours offers industry-leading guided group tours to destinations that span all seven continents. For more information, visit www.goaheadtours.com.
Go Ahead Tours is a division of EF Education First. Founded in 1965 by entrepreneur Bertil Hult, EF is a privately-held company with 15 divisions that offer a range of educational programs from language training, educational travel, and academic degrees to cultural exchanges. With a mission to open the world through education, EF has helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world. For more information, visit http://www.ef.com/careers
Back to top