Senior Mobile Developer
Senior Mobile Developer
Since 1965, EF has been the world leader in international education. Today, we have 400 offices and schools in more than 50 countries with a network of 35,000 teachers and staff. We have helped millions of people of all ages and nationalities become global citizens, whether by learning a language, discovering the world, or earning an academic degree.
No matter where you are, from Paris to São Paulo, from Pusan to Perth, the need to learn a language and understand the world is stronger than ever before. The seed of EF was planted nearly 50 years ago, when Bertil Hult took a small group of Swedish students to England to study English. Now, EF has evolved with a compelling range of programs and services offered in more than 50 countries.
Our challenge is not to find the market. It’s to find the right people and grow the right managers to take advantage of the globalization of the world.
Join EF, the world leader in international education, and we promise you a rewarding career where you can make a difference. To keep up with our worldwide growth, we are looking to hire more global entrepreneurs who want to drive business, break new ground, and see the world. If you think this could be you, then contact us. The future could be closer than you think.
What You Will Do
- Play a developer role in multiple apps used by millions of students and teachers around the world.
- Cooperate with our UX/UI team to craft beautiful user experiences, and then implement them with equally elegant code. UI is a passion of yours!
- Work in a collaborative team full of passionate, talented people, who love using and making great apps.
- Enter a room with only team members and a whiteboard; walk out with an idea and a plan for the next big thing.
- Make education better. You remember how much education technology lacked, and you are excited to have an opportunity to completely change that.
- Interface with remote and distributed data sources and APIs
- Troubleshoot, and performance tune
- Work closely with the Product Manager, the Mobile Architect and the rest of the mobile team, to continually improve the development process and the product quality
- Mentor junior members, and share your experiences
- Contribute to the software architecture, and help to shape the development process
- Establish time/effort estimations for tasks, to support effective planning
What You Have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years developing iOS and/or Andriod applications
- Mastery of one native language such as Objective-C / Swift and/or Java / Kotlin
- Experience with cross platform development (React, Flutter, Unity,…)
- Experience leveraging native application development.
- Solid experience of object-oriented design, and modern programming techniques
- Solid understanding of Multithreading
- Experience working within a team; you know how to make your point heard, and hear what other people have to say as well.
- Strong problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
- A demonstrable track record of published, and successful applications
- Demonstrable skills in algorithm/data structures and creative problem-solving
- A real passion for technology and innovation
- A true love and appreciation for well-designed, scalable code. You are intolerant of anything less.
- Good communication and being able to work independently to deliver mobile applications.
- Familiar with SOLID principles.
- Familiar with MVVM and/or VIPER.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience architecting medium to large software projects from start to finish.
- An active contributor to open source software (please provide links to relevant GitHub projects).
- Have live apps on the AppStore that you have developed (please provide web links).
- Experience with Automation
- Experience with Jenkins pipeline.
- Experience working with Graphics Libraries such as OpenGL, Vulkan or Metal
- Experience working with Machine Learning.
- Experience with AR.
- Knowledge of server side development.
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Unit Test development.
Back to top