Ultimate Break Tours, Cambridge, MA, USA
Greenfield, with a dash of legacy
Who are we and what do we do?
EF Ultimate Break, a division of EF Education First, offers amazing international group travel experiences for 18 to29-year-olds. Ultimate Break is a digital-first business, leveraging modern technology and marketing tools to drive brand awareness and conversion online. As a member of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to impact every part of the business through novel customer-facing and infrastructure solutions.
What specifically will you be doing?
You will be working on a small, autonomous technology and product team, focused on delivering a best-in-class ecommerce platform, internal and external applications, technology and Marketing tools and enhancements. Working closely with the product owner, developers, and UI/UX designers, you will develop modern web applications, help gather requirements and set expectations. In a given day you’ll be:
- Building new features and applications in order to better serve our users and the business. Working closely with analysts, UI and UX designers to test and iterate on our customer experience
- Identifying and addressing performance issues
- Building and iterating on site-wide features and changes, discussing new technologies, patterns and tools, collaborating to define the roadmap and individual tickets and maintaining best practices
- Help identify and implement new technology, drive innovation and maintain best practices
- Mentoring junior developers
Who are we're looking for:
We are looking for someone who is passionate, thrives in a collaborative, cooperative environment and who gets excited about new technology and new approaches to enhancing the quality and value of the software we deliver. We also ask that you have:
- Advanced knowledge of React and other libraries and frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of the latest HTML, CSS and styled components (or SASS)
- Experience with developing responsive, mobile optimized applications
- Experience with Node/NPM, webpack, and task runners
- Awareness of cross-browser/device compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Debugging and problem solving
- Enthusiasm about learning and following best practices
- Working on an Agile development team
- Bonus points: experience with ecommerce, AWS, serverless, Salesforce platform, or TDD
Let’s talk about The Perks.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Free in-house workout classes
- A restaurant and bar right inside our building
- Discounts on EF products including our travel and language programs
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
Back to top