Senior Japanese Head Teacher / 教頭
Reporting to School Director / 学校長への報告
To manage the academic department and to implement the course programs as planned. To have overall responsibility for the academic management of a developing range of courses, approximately 25-30 teaching staff (off peak) up to 45 (during peak) and student numbers ranging from around 100 to 400 at peak. To cooperate with the School Director in performing this role and to present themselves as a model of quality and professionalism within the EF Tokyo staff.
If you want to know more about our people and what it is like working for EF Japan, please watch our video: We are EF Japan
Management of the Academic team of teachers
- Recruitment of teaching staff with appropriate experience and qualifications
- Observation of teaching staff for the purposes of assessment and development
- Overseeing induction of new academic staff
- Liaising with finance with regards to payment of academic staff
- Maintenance of records of academic staff holidays and sickness
- Maintenance of records of hour banks for 9-month and permanent contract teachers.
- Weekly briefing for teachers
- Liaise with teachers on a weekly basis with regards to class progress and student changes
- Provision of opportunities for staff development through in house or external training sessions
- Japanese native or equivalent
- Teacher qualification
- Proven academic management experience
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- A flexible approach to work & hours of work undertaken is essential
- Friendly & approachable manner
- Sensitive to needs of international students
- Excellent communicator both with students, colleagues, and external clients
- Attention to detail, organised & thorough and able to work under pressure to deadlines
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Team leadership & experience of staff management
- Decision making
- Able to work on own initiative
EF Education First is the world’s largest private education company focusing on academic, language, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 52,000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 600 offices with a global presence in more than 100 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. Since 1965, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education. In Japan, EF Education First has 1 language school and 7 offices across the country.
EF Education First is the official Language Training Supplier for the Tokyo 2020 Games.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity is a strength and your gender, age, race, religion or sexual orientation does not matter – what we care about is that you are as passionate about our mission and our customers as we are.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top