Senior Interior Designer
We are looking for someone to head up our Interior Design Team in Zurich. The ideal candidate is passionate and experienced with interior architecture and design, a master of the Adobe Creative Suite and has a strong interest in the education industry. The Senior Interior Designer will lead a fast-paced interdisciplinary team of interior, industrial and environmental graphic designers, who deliver projects ranging from strategic planning to corporate and school interiors worldwide. Experience with interior projects and team management is essential.
About the role:
The Senior Interior Designer will:
- Support heads of business by managing and running corporate and school architectural and interior projects worldwide
- Have the ability, skills & motivation to act as an independent project and design architect, and lead interior design teams on projects.
- Take responsibility for leading and managing projects from concept design stage, through development of design and all necessary stages or applications for statutory approvals, production information, specifications, tender process, including carrying out inspections of projects on site
- Manage project budgets, schedules and organization of resources and coordination of projects, including managing variations of brief or instructions and actions to recover additional fees
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
- Participate in selection and specification of products such as fittings, furniture, lighting, finishes, decoration and dressing, and providing samples for approval
- Provide project team coordination for finishing plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
- Work with consultants, furniture dealers, product representatives, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives.
- Manage client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Uphold the ethos of the Company in terms of professional and design standards
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of interior architecture and design
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, Architecture or Interior Architecture
- Fluency in English, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have a Swiss/EU passport or a Swiss ‘B’ work permit
- Experience with team management, budgets and project scheduling
- Understanding of building technologies and environmental design
- Knowledge of technical standards, regulatory frameworks, health and safety standards
- Strong software skills covering Sketchup, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience in directing and managing other supporting staff in the delegation of work to allow the provision of assistance on projects as necessary
- Support the team in all projects from small works to large scale projects
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under own initiative
- Project management skills with attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to present and communicate design ideas quickly
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Flexibility to travel
Please submit your CV in English along with your portfolio. You can upload it during the application process or include a link on your CV or cover letter where we can access it.
EF is the world leader in international education and our mission is to open the world through education. Since 1965 we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. EF has fifteen subsidiaries and non-profit organizations, with schools and offices in over 54 countries and employs over 46,500 staff worldwide. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top