Senior Front-end Engineer - EF SET
Senior Front-end Engineer (Mid-Senior Level) London - EF SET
Who We Are
The EF Standard English Test (EF SET) is disrupting the EdTech space as the world’s first free, reliable cross-platform English proficiency test with a global user base. The EF SET test plugin is used by leading tech partners (such as LinkedIn), academic institutions (top-tier universities within the EF Research Network), and online partners (Voice of America) revolutionizing technology-assisted learning and assessments for millions of English learners around the world.
Who You Are
Based in the heart of Chelsea, the EF Standard English Test team is looking for an experienced, hands-on and results-driven Mid-Senior level Front-end Engineer to take the EF SET to the next level. You will be part of a young multi-national team of front & back end developers, project managers, content managers and designers. We are looking for an excellent team player. This position presents an excellent opportunity for a front-end whiz who wants to stretch their abilities to the limits.
We look for the following qualities:
- You know the idiosyncrasies of the language and its strengths and weaknesses. You know and appreciate its asynchronous, single-threaded nature;
- You can handle applications with many moving parts.
- You have a solid understanding of software development principles, know the strength of abstraction, modularity, DRY, and the difference between cohesion and coupling;
- You know the Document Object Model, how it relates to UI and how to use it along with HTML, CSS and JS;
- You can write code that is understandable and easy to maintain;
- You have exceptional proficiency in HTML and CSS;
- You have experience developing responsive websites for most popular browsers and devices;
- You are familiar with front-end bundling and task running tools, such as Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, etc;
- You can work with Git;
- You have 6+ years of professional development experience;
- You have 2+ years of professional experience with ReactJS;
- You strive to constantly evolve as a developer;
- You are Fluent in English, and have effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- You have great attention to deteil; (and noticed that detail was spelled wrong)
- You are a creative problem solver with high standards of quality and drive for excellence.
- Experience in multi-lingual applications;
- Experience with Java;
- You are able to demonstrate past work, from concept to code, ideally on a Github or Bitbucket account;
What You Will Do
Your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Creating and maintaining several key web applications and features;
- Providing input regarding technical implementation influencing and shaping the design and development of any project;
- Contributing to team dynamic of rapid development and deployment;
- Coordinating with other development teams around the world;
After a quick initial screening, we will be expecting the completion of an online case, based on which we will be selecting candidates for a final round. We look forward to hearing from you! You can find out more about EF SET at www.efset.org
We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
EF offers a competitive salary and multicultural working environment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top