Senior Frontend Engineer
Based in the heart of Chelsea, EFSET is looking for an experienced, handson and resultsdriven Senior Frontend Engineer. EFSET Technology is responsible for the engineering and operations of a massively scalable, secure and serviceoriented architecture platform and the products built on it. These products and services are used to deliver personalized adaptive assessments and certifications called the EF Standard English Test. EFSET is set to disrupt the EdTech space and is the world’s first crossplatform English proficiency test with a global user base.
The EFSET team is working together with leading tech partners and academic institutions such as LinkedIn and Cambridge University and is set to revolutionise technologyassisted learning and assessments for billions of English learners around the world.
- You will help rewrite an existing code base of a large SPA using exciting cuttingedge paradigms and technologies
- You will help maintain an existing code base of a large SPA
- You will develop new features and improve existing functionalities
- You will help define business requirements and translate them to technical requirements
- You will research ways to improve the development process
- You will mentor more junior engineers
Who you are
- You know and appreciate its asynchronous, singlethreaded nature
- You can handle applications with many moving parts and have a sense for how those parts should communicate with each other
- You can intelligently argue about different solutions and can apply different design patterns
- You understand the strength of abstraction, modularity, DRY, and the difference between cohesion and coupling
- You know the problems SPA frameworks are trying to solve and have an opinion of whether they succeed
- You are concerned about performance and memory, and can do runtime and space complexity analysis ￼* You know the Document Object Model, how it relates to UI and how to use it along with HTML, CSS and JS
- You are familiar with JS module systems, build tools and testing frameworks.
- You have worked with Git
- You are thrilled to work in a highly agile environment using XP and Lean principles
- You understand the benefits of Continuous Delivery
Nice to Have
Show us a Github repo you’re proud of, public contributions to open source projects, blog posts you’ve written about technical issues, interesting articles you have read, or anything else you think will show us you’re a good engineer. We like to see people for whom writing code is not only a job, but also a hobby
- Pension Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts at selected local Restaurants, Shops, Hair & Beauty, Sports & Fitness
- Onsite free Gym, Pilates & Yoga classes
- Weekly discount onsite massage therapist
- Monthly Happy hours
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top