Senior Frontend Engineer
Based in the heart of Chelsea, EFSET is looking for an experienced, hands-on and results-driven Senior Front-end Engineer. EFSET Technology is responsible for the engineering and operations of a massively scalable, secure and service-oriented architecture platform and the products built on it. These products and services are used to deliver personalized adaptive assessments and certifications called the EF Standard English Test. EFSET is set to disrupt the EdTech space and is the world’s first cross-platform English proficiency test with a global user base.
The EFSET team is working together with leading tech partners and academic institutions such as LinkedIn and Cambridge University and is set to revolutionize technology assisted learning and assessments for billions of English learners around the world.
- You will help rewrite an existing code base of a large SPA using exciting cutting-edge paradigms and technologies
- You will help maintain an existing code base of a large SPA
- You will develop new features and improve existing functionalities
- You will help define business requirements and translate them to technical requirements
- You will research ways to improve the development process
- You will mentor more junior engineers
Who you are
- You know and appreciate its asynchronous, singlethreaded nature
- You can handle applications with many moving parts and have a sense for how those parts should communicate with each other
- You can intelligently argue about different solutions and can apply different design patterns
- You understand the strength of abstraction, modularity, DRY, and the difference between cohesion and coupling
- You know the problems SPA frameworks are trying to solve and have an opinion of whether they succeed
- You are concerned about performance and memory, and can do runtime and space complexity analysis ￼* You know the Document Object Model, how it relates to UI and how to use it along with HTML, CSS and JS
- You are familiar with JS module systems, build tools and testing frameworks.
- You have worked with Git
- You are thrilled to work in a highly agile environment using XP and Lean principles
- You understand the benefits of Continuous Delivery
Nice to Have
Show us a Github repo you’re proud of, public contributions to open source projects, blog posts you’ve written about technical issues, interesting articles you have read, or anything else you think will show us you’re a good engineer. We like to see people for whom writing code is not only a job, but also a hobby
- Pension Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounts at selected local Restaurants, Shops, Hair & Beauty, Sports & Fitness
- Onsite free Gym, Pilates & Yoga classes
- Weekly discount onsite massage therapist
- Monthly Happy hours
We are 40,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 52 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
Back to top