Tech Lead (Front-end)
EF LEARNING LABS is the tech hub of EF Education First. We’re an international team of over two hundred engineers spread over three primary cities - London, Boston, and Shanghai.
Our front-end battalion is a close-knit team of 20. When we’re not working to deliver happiness to over nine million language learners, we’re playing foosball in the kitchen, owning the product managers at table-tennis, spiking the designers’ sodas with baijiu at Happy Hour Fridays in our stadium, and contributing to top-notch open source projects born out of our daily crunch.
- Problem-solving skills backed by a solid knowledge of data structure and algorithms.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality web products.
- Strong teamwork and communication skill using English as a working language.
- Fluent in Web standards and building solutions using semantic markup
- Passion for creating great user experiences in collaboration with UI designers
- Bachelor degree of Computer Science or other related major
It'd be great if you also have the following:
- Experience with ReactJS and Redux, or any other modern JS frameworks.
- Experience with ES2015+.
- Experience building Single Page Apps.
- Familiarity with Git version control system
- Browser compatibility awareness
- Proven open-source contribution on Github
- Experience working on *nix
- Cutting edge browser technology experience on HTML5 and CSS3
- Effective performance profiling and optimization skill
- Experience with test-driven development, and a strong sense of neat code
- Experience working in agile methodologies like Scrum
- Develop compelling user interfaces with the latest web technologies, that deliver the best online learning experience
- Collaborate with product manager, co-developers, and quality assurance to achieve your team’s goal.
- Participate in, and contribute to our company's open source strategies
Back to top