Flexible working policy within Switzerland!
EF is investing big in new software innovation products for the next generation of Education experiences. We want to reinvent Learning and drive new and engaging ways for Students, Parents and Teachers to get the best out of our platform. We're looking for like-minded individuals who love to grow and solve new and exciting problems.
We're not overly obsessive about tech stacks that you may have used - but see any experience with Cloud, modern Web and Mobile as a plus.
We are looking for a talented Senior Front End/React Engineer to help build our next generation, world-class products. You will be part of a team that is obsessed with quality and is committed to putting our customers first.
You will be involved in all aspects of software development, from initial development to the deployment of the service in production, testing and documentation.
- Work with engineering leadership to drive engineering quality and standards
- Work with other specialists to implement features on time, with top quality, and to specification
- Break down complex problems into simple solutions
- Deliver high quality, maintainable code
- Understand testing methodologies and be able to write testable code along with the relevant tests
- Work with existing codebases and learn the mechanics of existing applications
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- BSc, BEng in Computer Science, other technical subjects, or equivalent qualification or technical experience is a plus
- Proficient understanding of the front end stack TypeScript/HTML/CSS and React
- Experience testing frontend applications with Cypress
- Experience developing and maintaining a complex web application
- Strong analytical skills
- An ability to work quickly, efficiently, and to a tight deadline
- An outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- A genuine passion for working in a team and building great products that delight end users. A drive for excellence and improvement
- A love of software and coding!
BENEFITS AND FUN STUFF:
- Competitive salary
- Accident insurance
- 25 days paid holiday
- Reimbursement for Swiss travel half pass
- Discounted German lessons
- Discounts at local shops and restaurants
- Bookable free passes for mountains, museums, boats etc.
- Beautiful lakeside listed building as office
- Great office atmosphere with events, talks, happy hours and excursions