Senior Front End Engineer
Senior Front End Developer
Who are we and what do we do?
Labs @ EF Tours is the group of technology and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customer’s journey with us, from browsing our many tour offerings and enrolling on the web, through collecting feedback after the tour. Over the course of your career with us, you’ll have the opportunity to try your hand at everything from designing beautiful customer front end interactions, to solving large scale resource allocation problems, and everything in between.
What specifically will you be doing?
You will be working on a small, largely autonomous product team (around seven people), focusing on delivering quality applications, tools and enhancements within our larger front-end ecosystem. Working closely with the product owner, backend developer and UI/UX designers, you will develop modern web applications, collaborate with UI/UX designers, help gather requirements and set expectations. So in sort, you’ll be doing things like:
- Building new features and applications in order to better serve our users
- Working closely with UI and UX designers to iterate on our customer experience
- Identifying and addressing performance issues
- Help drive our Front End Chapter to identify and implement new technology, and maintain best practices
- Mentoring junior developers
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for someone who is passionate, and thrives in a collaborative, cooperative environment. Someone who gets excited about new technology and new approaches to enhancing the quality and value of the software we deliver. We also ask that you have:
- Advanced knowledge of React and other libraries and frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of the latest HTML, CSS and SASS
- Experience with developing responsive, mobile optimized applications
- Experience with webpack, task runners and Node/NPM
- Awareness of cross-browser/device compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Enthusiasm about learning and following best practices
- Bonus points: experience with .NET MVC and Visual Studio
Let’s talk about The Perks.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without too, of course)
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Free in-house workout classes
- A restaurant and bar right inside our building
- Discounts on EF products including our travel and language programs
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
See Inside the Office of EF Education First
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. At EF, everything employees do is centered around the company’s mission: opening the world through education. Since it was founded 50 years ago, EF’s language learning, educational travel, and cultural exchange programs have helped people of all ages and nationalities become citizens of the world.
Back to top